A LAKE
SILENCE

Since I have been living at the Village, one of the benefits I have NOTICED and treasure is the SILENCE. I experience SILENCE both indoors and outdoors, particularly outdoors. My favorite thing to do is walk around the lake and then sit on a bench and watch the birds, the fountain and the wildlife. It is an intricate part of my routine. I feel so blessed because the path around the lake is so close to my door. It is like stepping into another world. It fairly takes my breath away every time.
 My son from California visited me last week. It was a delight to be with him in my new home. We enjoyed doing what I do so often, walking and sitting and watching. One of the highlights for both of us was a visit to Sweetwater Wetlands Preserve. Oh my, talk about SILENCE! We did hear birds calling every so often but the majority of the time it was STILLNESS. It was amazing to watch each bird just hunt and peck, like they do here in the lake. The beauty and the ‘scenery’ is spectacular. Everything looked as though nature had placed each grass or bush in the perfect spot.

There was a time in my life when I loved more activity, more bustling around. Now I relish the SILENCE I so often experience here at the Village. Everyone can choose his own level of activity, which I value so much.

In the SILENCE, whether indoors or outdoors, I can get my bearings. I can focus on my life, situation or challenge and receive some very powerful messages. It is like putting away clean laundry, in a way. Clean underwear and pj’s go in one drawer, shirts, sweaters, what have you, go in another drawer. Sorting through any situation is the key. One by one, I can weed out the unwanted ‘stuff’ and choose what I do want or what comes next. It’s like untying the knot. I find the SILENCE a support system for me to be clear.

When I sit outdoors, I can hear NATURE talking to each other and to me. I feel included in all of the Universes messages. Sometimes at night when I can see the stars, I feel the hum of the Universe serenading me. What would I do without NATURE?

When I gave up my garden bed, I knew it would leave a gap in my life. As I’ve said, I began collecting more houseplants and have filled that gap nicely. I love nurturing my plants carefully and I continue to collect them. I am indeed insatiable in that department!

The SILENCE around me nurtures my inner life in such a way that I feel wealthy, rich, abundant and satisfied. What more could I ask for?


SILENCE is the gift
In which we can imbibe
And receive nourishment.



BLESSINGS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog