APPROACH


CLEMATIS
That is an odd word, APPROACH, but it came to mind quite strongly and when that happens, I PAY ATTENTION. As I was thinking about the word, APPROACH, I realized how often I APPROACH different aspects of my life, and they are very different from one another.

My INTENTION  is to APPROACH virtually everything with caution, sensitivity, awareness, gentleness, willingness, intuition and determination. For example:
I APPROACH eating a meal with eagerness and curiosity ((how will it taste?)   
I APPROACH an intersection with caution.
I APPROACH a new project or task with trepidation and excitement.
I APPROACH a person with sensitivity, is this a good time to talk?
I APPROACH writing my blog with how it feels to write about a subject. If it doesn’t feel good, I choose another topic.

AWARENESS is the key to any situation as far as I can tell. The proverbial ‘bull in the china closet’ is not well received. Personally, I am very sensitive to TIMING and APPROPRIATNESS in situations. Fortunately, when it is not a good time, I am made quickly aware of it.

I have been NOTICING different situations since my move to the Village. When I have a question about something, I’m comfortable asking someone for direction. Sometimes that person can answer me but if not, he/she guides me to the person who can. The service here is courteous, clear and direct, so I feel heard and taken care of.

I’m also NOTICING how I feel when I don’t want to do something, how resistance rears it’s ugly head and slows me down. I say slows me down because I refuse to give into the resistance and not do what needs to be done. Since energy is a challenge for me sometimes, I have to push myself to go forward. Sometimes I feel this way before an exercise class but I go anyway and I always feel better. There are always consequences if I don’t do something.  So . . . that is my incentive, how do I want to feel?

I’m learning to take a deep breath before I react and allow myself to calm down and show some COMPASSION for myself as well as the other person ( or situation). It makes me feel better and seems to ‘seep into’ the other . . . and gently calm things down.

It is such a good feeling when I know I have handled a situation with CONSIDERATION and KINDNESS. It is my INTENTION in all situations in my life. It takes PRACTICE and a clarity that this is the way I choose my life.


APPROACH with caution
And with care,
With a willingness
To be fair.



BLESSINGS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog