SETTLED

Lily

When I moved into the village, I felt very un SETTLED to be sure. I was torn between unpacking, arranging, SETTLING IN and visiting at least some the activities offered here. I decided to take the first month, ( that seemed how long it was going to take me) to SETTLE in. I know I have mentioned it before, but it bears repeating. I have always been so glad I made that decision because that is precisely why I feel SETTLED in my home and in the community. When I feel a bit overwhelmed or frayed, I come ‘home’ and SETTLE in again. Then I’m ready to get on my horse and ride again.
I have been single for 34 years and have learned how to SETTLE in very differently than when I was married. I grew up! I’m so grateful I found the ways to make my life work both by myself and with help of others. Now I feel ever so much more confident and efficient. It can be done. It takes perseverance.

The very word un SETTLED can make me feel that way. Think about the various meanings for the word, SETTLED. I think of the way I feel when I feel SETTLED, calm, peaceful, comfortable, no frayed edges. When I experience something un SETTLING, I feel quite the opposite, edgy, anxious, frayed, impatient. So, how do I SETTLE myself?

It depends on what the matter is about. When I really look at what is bothering me I can quickly (usually) discern if this is something I have created or is it something from the ‘outside’? For instance I received a bill from someone that got ‘SETTLED’ 3 years ago. I’m choosing to ignore it but it still made me feel uncomfortable. I usually seek advice about what to do in cases like this, but this time I’m choosing to SETTLE it myself.

More and more I am choosing to SETTLE whatever I can myself. I seem to know when it is best to seek advice. This is very empowering! I am keenly aware of my need for the feeling of FREEDOM. I’m also keenly aware that there are still areas of not feeling FREEDOM and to discern which is which is crucial.

I do not get caught up (unless I do) in the politics and happenings in the world too much. I do what I can by keeping the ‘peace’ where I am. It is the most un SETTLING feeling to get caught up in conversation or controversy. As un SETTLING as all this is, I feel in my heart there are ‘powers that be’ that are guiding us to be prepared for  very un SETTLING happenings but good will come out of all of it. Don’t ask me how?  There is always chaos before there can be order!

It takes time to let anything SETTLE. Dirty water takes time to SETTLE in order for it to be still and clear. Two people need time to SETTLE their differences or disputes. When I become IMPATIENT and want things differently, I am reminded that it takes time for things to SETTLE down and light to shine.

We are all pioneers
Finding our way to
SETTLE in.



BLESSINGS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog