HEART MANDALA
FRIENDSHIP


In this wonderful world of The Village I am discovering a new meaning of ‘FRIENDSHIP’. It has always been easy for me to make FRIENDS and to be FRIENDLY. I made FRIENDS in kindergarten, 2 of whom I have remained FRIENDS with. Once when I was a little girl, I was with my dad and I called out to a family friend across the street and my dad scolded me, ( I embarrassed him). The friend in turn scolded my dad. He said,” don’t you ever scold Julanne for speaking up! Do you know how few people speak to me like that?” I’ve never forgotten that.

The second day I was at the Village, I saw a woman sitting on a bench and went up to her to meet her and we have been good friends ever since. I have met lovely people here at the Village, not all of whom I’m friends with in the usual sense ( doing many things together) but in a friendly sense. We can have brief conversations that are pleasing and very satisfying to me.

I love to meet people and find out about their interests and build on conversations to enhance our relationship. Some people are not interested in carrying on a FRIENDSHIP and that is fine too. There is a chemistry between people that can be cultivated or accepted as a cordial relationship.

I have learned a great deal about myself in meeting people and NOTICING their reactions to me, with me. I have been one to take things very personally and therefore feeling hurt or dismissed at times. I have also NOTICED if I do the same to others, unintentionally but never the less, it could cause pain and displeasure. I’m WAKING up more and more to the sensitivity of others as well as my self.

SENSITIVITY is the key word here. Being AWARE of others is like being a mother, doing several things at once. I can’t do everything at once like I thought I could but I do have the INTENTION to be KIND and show empathy and consideration to others.

There is not a person alive that has not had feelings of discomfort in meeting or being with people, new FRIENDS and sometimes old FRIENDS, especially if interests shift and the connection wanes. That can be painful and discouraging, I know. It has happened to me with several people. I read once that the flow of life consists of people coming together for a reason and then fading apart for no obvious reason (such as a falling out). Now I no longer feel guilt or shame about that. It is the natural order of things.

When we keep our eyes and ears open we will encounter someone whom we connect with immediately and easily. I feel they have been sent into our life for a reason and I see them as a gift! I might be just the person they can relate to and visa versa and what a gift that is! However, there can be some people we cannot connect with at all. That is ok as well, but it still calls for kindness and at least a smile.

I feel it is important to communicate to a FRIEND about myself and my interests. It is easier for the other person to see if we are a ‘fit’ for friendship. So far, I have met several ‘like-minded’ people. It becomes ‘organic ‘ with many FRIENDS and we don’t have to plan every get together. Being flexible and FRIENDLY can be fun, relaxing, rewarding and a gift in our lives each day.


Each day when I wake
I wonder whom I shall meet
It could be a ‘FRIEND.’


BLESSINGS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog