PLEASURES


BLEEDING HEART
When I look around the VILLAGE, I find more and more scenes, activities, support and people that give me PLEASURE. It’s so easy for me to experience new aspects of my life at the Village. So much is available here and I’m open to more adventures everyday. There are several activities I want to try. One PLEASURE I have done is watercolor painting and I intend to do more of that.

The activities I enjoy every week are exercise classes, swimming, gardening, meeting new people, writing my blog, teaching classes, my garden and generally enjoying each day to see what comes up. Every night when I get into bed at night I give thanks for a most rewarding and surprising day! 

Remember, you can rotate activities, or stagger them and you can rest whenever you want to!
I love this new attitude I have adopted because I no longer fret and plan each day to the fullest. I derive much more satisfaction from being free and spontaneous a great deal of the time. I love the FREEDOM I feel here about doing or not doing whatever strikes my fancy. I’m also very clear of activities I do not want to even try. That’s a relief!

The beauty of this place is that even though ‘adventures’ are available, they are not running up to me automatically. I have had to discern which things I want to try, try them and then decided if they are indeed ‘PLEASURABLE’ or not.
Before moving here, it was very easy for me to procrastinate doing projects or anything even if it was PLEASUREABLE. That was not good for me or my morale. That’s why I appreciate the stimulus here of other people and events.

Back to PLEASURES, what are some things that give you PLEASURE? These should be activities that YOU feel good about doing and enjoying, not something someone else finds PLEASURABLE!!!

It may take awhile to find your PLEASURES, but if you continue to seek ‘adventure’, it will show up. Don’t forget those precious solitary times, they can give enormous PLEASURE.

Our FEELINGS are our guiding light. FEELINGS and INTUITION and just plain COURAGE are what we need to PAY ATTENTION to.  The other night I wanted to go to the dance, but I was very intimidated by it. I fussed about it for awhile, then changed my clothes, went dancing and had a great time. It took COURAGE for me to do that but I was so glad I did and I wilI do it again. If something doesn’t work, move on to the next. There is a whole world of ‘goodies’ out there to give us PLEASURE!


It’s a whole new
Adventure, seeking
PLEASURE in the
Most unlikely places.



BLESSINGS

Comments

  1. I love how your world is expanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful sharing of your experience and invitation for other residents to try new things and find the adventure in everyday. You are modeling for so many others and it's contagious. Love you Mom

    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeffrey! wow! thank you for such kind words. Much appreciated! Love doing this! More to come!

      much love Mom

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog