DUTCHMAN'S PIPE
                                                            PRIORITIZE
ORGANIZE YOUR LIFE #3


When we began this class, ORGANIZE YOUR LIFE, we might have been thinking that it was all about what to do with our extra belongings, our stuff.  That is partly true but I’m very clear that it is much more than that.  I have been organizing for many years besides doing it for others for a living.  I have become aware that taking CARE of our ‘stuff’ really is about taking care of OURSELF! Taking care of our BODY, our MIND and our SPIRIT.

Since moving to the VILLAGE, I have learned more about myself than ever before. I have learned to be more CONSCIOUS, OPEN, DISCIPLINED, PERSISTENT, and GRATEFUL because of the ease and enjoyment I feel living in a beautiful, efficient and well-maintained environment. I have more TIME to spend doing what I enjoy and want to pursue. I have had QUESTIONS come to mind that make me examine my LIFE so that I’m happy, secure, creative and productive.

One of the biggest and best realizations I had a few years ago was that ORGANIZING MY LIFE can be done as a SPIRITUAL PRACTICE. By that I mean that when we are  AWARE of what we are doing most of the time, we are living in a place of CONSCIOUSNESS and of the HIGHEST in us; A place of PAYING ATTENTION, FOCUSING and ‘DOING’ what is IMPORTANT to (each of) us. PRIORITIZING is the method we can use to ORGANIZE OUR LIFE!

Here are a few QUESTIONS we can ask ourselves in order to become CLEAR about what we want, and where we are headed.

What do I believe? What do I know? What do I need? What can I let go of?

Look at the process of OYL as a means to CLEARING out every AREA of our life that does not work !!!!! This seems extreme, I know, but we can do it ONE STEP AT A TIME!!!

Review your list of words and they will reveal to you your VALUES. The words are like a bell ringing in you ears; like a bugle to WAKE UP and EXPERIENCE what is IMPORTANT to you!!! THAT will be your guide.

OYL gives PURPOSE to our life, MEANING and VALUE. Just watch how many wonderful things show up when we do this process!

Setting an INTENTION to keep going raises us to our HIGHEST SELF, rather than a robot doing same old same old. We become like a root bound plant. When we take a plant out of the pot we see the roots going round and round and they can’t grow anywhere.

We have to start at the ‘roots’ of our possessions (whether physical or mental) and work outward so that what we end up with is a small amount of gems and treasures to keep and enjoy.
To continue looking, seeking our joy and happiness OUTSIDE in activities, we can end up with the same old HABITS that have gotten us where we are today. . . A PRIORITY to develop is STICK-TO-ITIVENESS and NON-PROCRASTINATION.

This process in turn, clears away our entwined roots and frees us of our entanglements. THEN, we can FREELY CHOOSE exactly what pleases us and what we enjoy most and with whom, and continue on our journey to enhance life.

We are truly after the REAL ‘stuff’, not what we think is the real and important ‘stuff’. It is within our grasp if we will only OPEN UP!

Remember to be KIND to yourself during this process. We created what we have now and we can re-create it differently and much more to our liking.


I acknowledge you all
for your efforts.
I encourage you to keep going
and be happy!


BLESSINGS



Comments

  1. Thank you! I needed to hear this! Much love, Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog