BLUE HYDRANGEA
WRITING


I have fallen in love with WRITING! Clearly it is my PASSION and I simply cannot do without it.  I have been writing a BLOG since February 2012. It ‘fell into place ‘ for me when a friend suggested I write a BLOG (instead of a book about my experiences) Bingo! That was my answer after months of anguishing over what to do.

I have not been drawn to writing a book, since books take forever to write. I am too impatient to wait that long ( for most things), but a one page blog was very do-able for me. I love writing about an idea or a point I want to make and may not feel brave enough to say, but I can WRITE it. It is very liberating.

It is said that the best way to be a WRITER is to be a reader. I do love to read, although rarely a novel. I much prefer real life stories of real life people and historical novels. I seem to crave learning something, not just being ‘entertained.’ Even if the book is sad or ‘realistic’, I still want to see how real people make their choices, live their lives. I am usually deeply moved and motivated by their dealings with life.

I’ve noticed in the past few months that I can’t read for long periods of time without my eyes feeling the strain, drops or no drops. I must say here that I have longed to read many books of famous literature that has been written over the centuries, but again I don’t have the patience.

I have discovered an answer to part of my consternation and that is a delightful and completely absorbing web-site I discovered called “Brain Pickings”. I’m not crazy about the title but after reading it, I know what it means. A woman of magnificent fortitude writes about many, many people who have lived and written over many years and on many subjects, bringing us much information and inspiration by presenting their works in paragraphs rather than reams of paper called books.

I can look up particular people’s work that I’m curious about and find out all I really need to know in a very short length of time. It is revolutionary! So satisfying and saves me eons of time and eyestrain. There have been ever so many writers that I know I would love to read, but alas, I cannot. The website is free but I donate to help this woman continue her inspiring work. She writes every Sunday and once during the week.

I also must admit here that I am a (good) movie watcher. This is for a couple of reasons. First, I love the visual aspects of a film; the colors, costumes, watching expressions on faces, the scenery and the movement of all aspects of the movie. All together, I feel inspired, fascinated and uplifted by the experience. Most people say, “Oh, the book was much better . . .” I usually disagree.

So I have claimed WRITING (as my PASSION). (Before I moved into the Village, it was gardening). It is much easier for me to WRITE than garden, because I can do it anywhere. I write 6 days out of 7days a week, starting with my journal and Small Stones and once a week, my BLOG. It gives me enough time to soak in my life to realize what is important to me and what could be of interest to others. I love basking in Nature and anything that draws my attention of enjoyment, sometimes I can’t exactly describe.

All I know is that I’m so GRATEFUL I have a PASSION that I can turn to and enjoy to the fullest. Besides I get to express myself. I truly hope you all have at least a HOBBY or an interest that can fulfill you too.


Start small
Look around
Write it down.



BLESSINGS

Comments

  1. I just love this week's blog! It is so inspiring and amazing that you continue to find passion, creativity and self-expression and then share it with the world! Audible Books is really helpful, I am finding, if you get a hankering to follow through with an entire book! Easy on the EYES!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog