REFLECTIONS
ANGEL TRUMPET


After my jaunt to the pool this morning for some gentle water aerobics, I got some coffee and sauntered back toward my apartment. It is a glorious day, blue skies, not too hot and very quiet. I fed the ducks on my way to my favorite bench by the Lake. I can’t seem to walk past this particular bench without stopping to gaze at the beauty there. The majestic oak trees, moss, shrubs and the fountain sing out to me to stop and enjoy the view.

As I look out at the Lake I practically swoon over the simple beauty, I see a view that is ever changing and yet the same; the constant lullaby of the fountain, happily shooting upward and outward every second; the slight ripple of the water from the splashing of the fountain. The ever so pale pink cast on the water in the early morning. I love the wavy REFLECTION of the water on the trunk and leaves of a tree.

What I marvel at is the REFLECTION of the trees, bushes, birds and ducks on the Lake. It is amazingly, like I said, ever changing and always the same. The shades of green in the water from the trees above, the black ducks merrily floating about; the white Egret suddenly taking off for the other side of the Lake.

As I sit watching the ‘nature show’, I always REFLECT on something, either going on in my life or noticing whatever is before me. Sometimes it is nothing more than what is there. Other times I see a person/s or pet ambling along enjoying something. It makes me AWARE of people’s experiences and what is happening for them now.

I spend a lot of time in REFLECTION. I’m thinking about a present situation in my life, or something from my past pops up and floats around awhile. Sometimes I find myself ‘chewing’ on something not quite resolved. Other times I’m REFLECTING on my many blessings and the GRATITUDE I feel about my life and living here at the Village.

I find REFLECTION and regret are not the same at all. For me REFLECTION brings with it a certain peace and tranquility. Regret is very short lived for me. I keep as CONSCIOUS as I can about what I say and do. If I do regret anything it is usually because I didn’t do or say something.

I find REFLECTION stimulates my CREATIVITY in different ways, mostly new ideas about writing or color combinations or even placement ideas in my apartment. It is such a pleasure to REFLECT on what is there in front of me. Asking myself questions about a certain subject can produce all kinds of REFLECTION on purposeful endeavors.

It is a profound relief to practice REFECTION rather than re-hashing some insignificant or frightening event. It all takes TRAINING, these kinds of new habits and behavior add so much joy to my life I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Looking in the mirror
See your beautiful
REFLECTION,

Be sure you smile.


BLESSINGS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog