INVENTORY

Every year I take an INVENTORY of where I am now and where I'm intending to be next year.

This year has been very different than past years because I have CREATED my life to be wrapped around more quiet solitary activities. most of all I have DISCOVERED or UNCOVERED a part of me that I like very much. It has turned out to be a most satisfying endeavor. I have DISCOVERED ideas and abilities I'm sure I would not have done if I lead my 'usual' kind of life.

Instead of going out looking and seeking gratification and excitement I have stayed home and CREATED my own 'fun'. This was not entirely of my own choosing, but I was determined to be RESPONSIBLE and stay SAFE as much as possible. 

I learned how to manage and cope with MANAGING my time, energy, creativity, money, relationships, entertainment, independence and just acknowledging events be the way the way they are. I used to depend on someone to do things with or I wouldn't have fun or be comfortable. That has been a huge shift in me. I enjoy my own company! I can honestly say I have enjoyed the TIME to do all these things and have learned a tremendous amount about stopping and LETTING THINGS BE AS THEY WERE, whether I liked it or not.

 I have taken INVENTORY of the gifts and necessities I have received this year and they add up to be very perfect~ One of the areas of gratitude I feel is not wanting extra stuff I do not need! I usually forgot about them after a day or so, amazing! I actually feel much lighter because of it!

As far as attending events and outside things, I have fared very well not going out. I did miss seeing NATURE like I usually do but where I live is so beautiful right outside my window that I felt and feel very nourished by the beauty! At first I had my meals delivered because I didn't want to be around a lot of people. I decided to try the dining room and have enjoyed going with one or two other people. It is a very pleasant experience and good food too! It felt good to open up to new ways of doing things. It also helped with my feelings of companionship.

I have NOTICED I have LET GO of several 'things' I used to feel were essential. Some relationships, belongings and 'extras' that were no longer useful. I spent a lot of time in meditation and being still, reading, watching good documentaries and movies, as I do love them. I got bored on rare occasions that I don't even remember now. I consider that a gift, that I was able to be with where I was and go from there.

Now for ONWARD and UPWARD! I feel like I have 'cleared the decks' of old ATTITUDES and DISAPPOINTMENTS as best I can and am looking FORWARD to CREATING a new and rewarding and flexible life ahead! It all boils down to ATTITUDE! I'm doing my best not to be the petulant child and to ACCEPT what comes and indeed 'make a silk purse out of a sows ear'. I don't always succeed but it helps so much having that as an INTENTION.

I am continually working toward ACCEPTING what 'comes down' in the world situation. No easy task when I have so many opinions of my own! As long as I do my part, I can carry on.

I love the way I am CHANGING and giving myself some space to CREATE as I go along. If I had one wish for everyone in the world it is to LOOK through COMPASSIONATE eyes and step up to the 'plate' and do the best for ourselves and others. I feel it promises to be a very profound year and so many ways.


HAPPY NEW YEAR

and EACH DAY

FOLLOWING!


BLESSINGS



Comments

Popular posts from this blog