AFRICAN VIOLET
UNACCEPTABLE


I had a conversation with a loved one about several subjects. The one thing she said that was so meaningful to me is when something in our lives is UNACCEPTABLE we don’t know what to do with the feelings about it. I dare say we have all had something happen in our lives, either personally or to someone we know or we don’t know that we can’t ACCEPT. We just ‘live’ with the feelings, and feel quite helpless as to know what we can do. I have felt that way, both personally and about happenings in the world. I have learned to pray for any person who is affected by such feelings.

We often lament that there is nothing we can do. In our conversation, we discovered that there is indeed something we all can do, or at least INTEND to do.  This may seem intrusive to your spirit but I feel it is a gift to know something useful. We mull things over in our minds, I call it ‘chewing’ on something and come to no solution.

We can better use our mulling in coming to the point that we face the fact that we may not be able to change a circumstance but we can ACCEPT the fact that something’s are UNACCEPTABLE.  This puts a different spin on the situation for me. I can only do what I can do and if it may not be a solution, I have to ACCEPT that.

This seems like a heavy subject but truthfully, it is a way of letting in some light in on a situation we might otherwise think of as hopeless. It very well may be on the surface but I feel that when we put some ATTENTION on the light revealed, it helps us ACCEPT what IS. That’s what we need to do anyway, it seems to me and admittedly a difficult attitude to work with. I have discovered a strength of RESILIENCE many times I didn’t know I had.

Everyone living at the VILLAGE has done just that. Moving is a daunting task we all have survived. Now we can face any other daunting task we have. I have faith in the RESILIENCE of the human body and spirit.

Somewhere, always, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. As I was writing this, a friend came to the door and gave me a ‘thank you’ card. She expressed how kind and sweet I have been to her. It was such a gift and surprise. It made me realize, once again, that KINDNESS and UNDERSTANDING always pays a reward, even if it is not expressed.

There are a million excuses and rationalizations I can make, but if I INTEND for something good to come about, I feel sure that I’ve put in all the appropriate ingredients to make the ‘cake’ rise. I’ve done my part.

 All this to say is that being OPEN in our heart and ACCEPTING in our heart is the best way I know to live with a peaceful heart.


ACCEPTING the
UNACCEPTABLE


BLESSINGS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog