FIRE CRACKER
AUTUMN


Ahhhhh! I feel the subtle shift of AUTUMN coming our way. The way the sun shines in my room in the morning, the shadows are changing morning by morning, the air is such a delight of soft feathers gently passing by my skin. Even a few leaves are falling from the trees indicating that their ‘greenness’ is coming to an end. I do so love it when the leaves fall and sound crispy under foot when I walk.

The whole idea of HARVEST Time is drawing near, as well. I have no harvest to pick of my own other than a few herbs that look very tired at this point. Perhaps in late October I’ll plant a few veggies, herbs and flowers, but I’m not really sure about that yet. My passion for gardening is waning ( except for houseplants) since the hot summer so we’ll see what the AUTUMN will bring.

I love the way I can CHOOSE my activities so easily and without consequence to any one. Such FREEDOM I experience here! I’ve met a few people and listen to their situations and realize they are finding their own way to settling in here at the Village. I offer my experience and a bit of advise without being pushy and it seems to be helpful. I APPRECIATE being able to support people who have recently moved in here and assist them any way I can to feel more comfortable.

AUTUMN is a time of wonder for me. As a gardener, I went through the whole cycle of preparing the soil, planting the plants, (spring); nursing them along, enjoying them fully (summer); and watching them fade (autumn); and sometimes die, (winter), which is their normal cycle. It’s all quite a mystery and a miracle to me.

So it is with our CYCLE of life. If we notice, we too go through the new energy, awakening (spring) of our life; the more robust, colorful times (summer); the slowing down, re-grouping, if you will, (autumn); and the beginning of the ending of our life,(winter). We all have an opportunity to celebrate each ‘season’ of our days, years, our lives. The seasons never miss a ‘cycle’, nor should we.

To be AWARE, ALERT and consciously PAYING ATTENTION to everything is the key to living our lives fully. When we don’t always do that, we can be COMPASSIONATE with ourselves and begin a- new the next day or OPPORTUNITY that presents itself.


I bless the seasons
As they change
From one to another
With so much confidence
And uncertainty.


BLESSINGS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog