Chlordendrum
IMAGINATION

Definition:

The act or power of forming mental images of what is not present.
The act or power of creating new ideas by combining previous experiences.
The ability to understand the Imaginative creativity of others. Resourcefulness.


When I was a little girl, I used my IMAGINATION to be a mother, a school teacher, a cow girl and probably many more fascinating characters I realize now, that my IMAGINATION is what inspired me in so many ways without my even knowing it. I definitely remember looking at clouds and IMAGINING ever so many shapes of animals, flowers, and who knows what else. When I wanted something I would IMAGINE it and many times it would appear, whether it was a new doll, a new dress, skates, doll furniture, whatever.

When I moved from California to Gainesville, I IMAGINED my house being a certain, size, filled with all the things I wanted to live with. I IMAGINED my garden being filled with my favorite plants and it turned out to be very accurate. Moving into my apartment at the Village was more difficult to IMAGINE but when I walked into the third apartment I saw, I knew it was the one!(and still do!)

I feel it is vitally important to IMAGINE everything that we truly want. We have a bit of control of what we want and what is important to us. We certainly have control of IMAGINING what we don’t want! We can shift our thoughts, our IMAGINATION to the best and highest for ourselves.

Sometimes when I’m not feeling too well, or would rather feel differently than I do, I  can IMAGINE other IMAGES and usually shift my feelings. This can be tricky, however because I also feel strongly that it is best to FOCUS on exactly where I am in the moment. I have to ‘play’ with this sometimes because I do honor my thoughts and feelings. When my IMAGINATION takes me down a long and bumpy road, I realize it is time to get back on the path I truly want to be on.

All this can apply to physical ailments, pain and disabilities. I have experienced discomfort or acute pain and forget that I have the POWER to IMAGINE my body (and mind) releasing uncomfortable or frightening situations with my mind. I am learning to IMAGINE myself swimming around inside my body, just like deep sea divers swim in and out of caves. I’m searching for the ‘part’ of me that hurts and when I find it, I send love and healing light so it will be healed. It doesn’t always work but it is more reassuring to do my best to IMAGINE the BEST for myself and others than to stay stuck in the dark muck of pain, of any kind.

I received some disconcerting news yesterday and was immediately plunged into fear and dread. After only a few minutes of breathing and IMAGINING I could see an entirely different scenario in my mind. I gave thanks for this transformation of thought and have been very mindful of recalling and creating, if you will, an entirely different outcome. I was greatly relieved.

We do not know the outcome of anything, from one moment to the next, but I want to live my life and my IMAGINATION as upliftingly and positive as possible. As time marches on, we have more ‘use’ for IMAGINATION because of our age and circumstances that can surprise us ever day.


I’m considering reading some children’s
books just to keep myself AWAKE!
Who knows I might
Discover something amazing!


BLESSINGS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog