GROWTH
VEGETABLES GARDEN


When I think of the word GROWTH, I think of many different types of GROWTH. The teeny tiny seeds that begins the life of a human being, a living creature, a flower or vegetable seed, a tree, shrub or herb, and on and on, to be sure.  

When I think of the decades I’ve lived, I marvel at the GROWTH I have achieved just by sheer effort and grace. Some GROWTH spurts were very challenging, physical achievements like riding a bike (which I actually didn’t learn to do till I was in my 40’s!), batting a ball, running in a race. My mental achievements seem to develop at a slow pace until bingo, I caught on, particularly in math or science classes.

Other achievements like homemaking endeavors, being with children were a snap and so enjoyable. With each area, I did GROW but I wasn’t always aware of it. Sounds so silly now, but when I would ‘catch on’ to something, I was in full swing of the dynamic. When I watched my children GROW and blossom, I was fully AWARE  and in awe of their GROWTH by leaps and bounds.

 Looking back to my 50’s, I am acutely AWARE of the GROWTH I achieved. I created a professional organizing business, I developed wonderful relationships with people who supported me immensely, I moved to Gainesville from California when I was 68, easily too, I might add. I enjoyed traveling, exploring, creating . . . entertaining, all kinds of adventures with gusto.

Now that I’m 84, I notice the difference in my GROWTH spurts. I’m much softer in my approach to LIFE. I have not the interests I once had. My passion for gardening has moved gently into a passion for indoor gardening with a large variety of houseplants to nurture and oooh and ahhh over. Each morning when I wake, I open the blinds and gaze at my houseplants that have GROWN a new leaf or bud over night! How fun is that? Only for a plants person who LOVES to watch nature GROW?

I keep watching myself choose my interests, activities, health, foods I enjoy, relationships and conversations I participate in and pleasure in many simple pleasures of Life. In all these ways, I have GROWN into the person I have always wanted to be. The other day I watched myself compromise on something I did not feel good about it. What I discovered was my ‘people pleasing’ trait showing up. It didn’t feel good inside and I know it did not serve anyone. I will not do that again.

Here again, INTUITION deals the hand and guides me in my decisions; however occasionally, I slip up, but not as often as before. Now that shows real GROWTH on my part, more in line with who I am and who I intend to be.

GROWTH means change and lo and behold that is very difficult to do, especially break old patterns that don’t even work any more or become us! I keep searching within for ways to make my life GROW and work in the highest way possible. It is becoming easier by far when I let go of ‘staying stuck’ for too long and emerge into a brand new challenge, passion and experience.


It takes tremendous
Courage to
Moving and
GROWING.

DO IT ANYWAY!



BLESSINGS




Comments

  1. You are amazing Julanne! We can always continue to grow no matter what our age and you are a wonderful example of that. After all, we are, reality, eternal beings and a precious part of All That Is. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog