LILY
COMFORT


When I think of COMFORT, I think of my new bed, a warm sweater, soup, stews, toasty bread, holding something soft and cuddly, like a kitten or a baby, and many more luscious things. It makes me feel all soft inside and filled with all sorts of good feelings. There is nothing quite like a place to lie down and sort of melt into the support provided there.

I know how much I relish these feelings of COMFORT, as I’m sure you do too, maybe slightly different items to sink into, but never the less, COMFORTABLE beyond words. What a blessing they all are. Places, things and people we cherish always.

COMFORT is a life long desire we have all had since birth. We can remember all the places we felt COMFORT and APPRECIATE the ones we enjoy now, in later years. It feels like a necessity now. The clothes we wear, the shoes, coats, everything simply has to be COMFORTABLE or I won’t wear or keep them. Sadly so, I have given away some favorites but what is the use of keeping anything when I feel like I’m wearing a straight jacket? Indeed, I do miss some things, but alas, I have let them go and replaced them with’ COMPHY’ clothes I love equally well.

Now, it seems we can be just so COMFORTABLE for so long until we are faced with the notion that we simply must venture forth OUT of our COMFORT ZONE. I certainly experienced doing just that when I moved to Gainesville from California and when I moved into the VILLAGE. Oh my, I felt like I had been transported to another world, and indeed I had. EVERYTHING was different! I did acclimate myself to everything very quickly and found a new COMFORT zone in which I could nestle in quickly and love it all. I‘m still amazed that I do not miss my home or my garden at all! In fact I am relieved I am here and can enjoy what I have now.

I have been dealing with a very UNCOMFORTABLE situation in my body that produces anxiety and panic at odd times. Strangely enough, when I am in a precarious situation, I observe myself feeling quite calm and at other times, when it seems like nothing, I can be very UNCOMFORTABLE. I am learning to BREATHE  very consciously and do the next task to be done anyway! I am learning that when I go forth and face the music of what it is I don’t want to do, I very often enjoy it and lose the UNCOMFORTABLE feelings along the way.

I actually feel very brave and confident giving myself a gentle push during these anxious times. However I do believe that I am being guided by a HIGHER SOURCE that supports me every step I take. Even writing these blogs is a bit of a challenge, even though I usually know about what I want to write. I am listening to an inner voice that guides me each and every step. I feel very confident and COMFORTABLE when these sorts of tasks are finished. I fully realize, now, that I don’t have a choice about many things I do, it is part of my ‘mission’ in my life.

I know my life would be very shallow and wimpy if I did not follow the guidance to STEP OUT and go beyond my COMFORT ZONE. Living at the VILLAGE is THE perfect place for me to practice ‘stepping out’. I am doing it and knowing full well I am supported by others who may feel the same way or at least have some COMPASSION for me and others that experience any kind of UNCOMFORTABLENESS. HURRAY!

EVERYTHING takes PRACTICE! I don’t care what it is, if it’s UNFAMILIAR!, it takes PRACTICE! We all have what it takes when we TRUST ourselves and those around us to PRACTICE our task. It does become easier with PRACTICE and TRUST.


See you
Around the 
Campus,
Having fun!!



BLESSINGS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog