RED GERANIUM
PROCESS


I never cease to be amazed at how the appropriate idea for the blog each week comes to my mind out of nowhere! (Well not really, it has been floating around out in the ethers for a while, but it comes as a surprise!) PROCESS is a “continuing development involving many changes”, so says the dictionary. The very pronunciation of the word PROCESS seems to take some time to say. PR…O…CESS.

Perhaps the reason the word PROCESS came to me is because I have been experiencing a very intense PROCESS of my own for the last year (or more). Everything is a PROCESS, everything! From the moment I wake up in the morning,  coming out of a deep sleep, I am in a PROCESS. The entire day is made up of a PROCESS of one kind or another.

There is nothing I can think of that is not coming about through a PROCESS.  Even cutting my leg began with a desire to dig up a plant, pot it up for my apartment and ended with a ‘falling back’ and cutting my leg deeply. The PROCESS of healing is indeed a PROCESS that feels like it is taking forever! The good news is that it is healing and my plant is growing nicely! Just think of what that dear little plant went through to adjust to a whole new home and flourish as well!

When I really look, I can see the logic of PROCESS. Everything takes time to reach the end of a PROCESS. Immediately following, there is a new PROCESS being born. Sometimes, however, there seems to be nothing happening, a void, but really energy is building up for the next PROCESS to begin. I find this fascinating and exciting! What will each new day bring forth?

There is a mystery in life that seems overwhelming, that of tragedies and accidents that alter ones life completely. It’s when I think my life is going ‘a certain way’ and bam . . . it becomes totally different. This is the point where I am learning to look at my life differently after the shock and the hurt have subsided enough for me to see the  ‘sun come out from behind the clouds’. This PROCESS takes time, a very long time in some instances and all I can do is BREATHE, SURRENDER , PRAY and be as PATIENT as I can be.

I have seen birds pecking their way out of their shell, struggling for air and light just to breath. Talk about a PROCESS! They are undaunted in their struggle and finally they are free. It is the same with the birth of a baby or any living creature that wants, intends to be free. Interestingly enough there seems to be considerable PAIN involved in any PROCESS I know of, or at least acute frustration, which can be painful. I’m AWARE that even the budding of a new shoot on a branch or a bud on a flower certainly goes through a PROCESS and it might not be that easy for them.

The order of the day is to be COMPASSIONATE and practice LOVING KINDNESS with ourselves whenever we are experiencing a PROCESS or being with others who are in PROCESS, people and all living creatures.

 When we love,
we lay ourselves open to loss . . .
that’s the bargain
we make with ourselves,
and it is worth it.

            Larkrise to Candleford.




BLESSINGS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog