SUNSET
ENDINGS


GREETINGS EVERYONE! It feels like an age since I wrote my blog, two weeks, to be exact! I could not get on the internet, finally woke up and called ATT & got new password, who knew?

I did write a blog last week. It was PRESENTS. When we give PRESENTS, give our PRESENCE too.

I have been in a quiet mood during the holidays, thinking about this year, many other things. NOTICING how everything CHANGES new experiences, LETTING GO of old DESIRES, ATTITUDES, HABITS and THINGS. My, but it does feel good. I’m very AWARE how different my life is here at the VILLAGE. Life is much easier without the responsibilities I had before ( and I wasn’t even working)! So many services here to make all our lives easier and more pleasant.

 I have let go of are my herb garden. After hurting my leg last October, I just lost the interest, besides the dreadful heat. It was easy, actually, to LET IT GO. I was surprised. It shows me that when something is over it is over! Much easier that way, rather than hanging on to the ‘kite string’ and not allowing it to soar.

I am still working on taking things personally, feeling I’m missing something, lacking in some way, anxious about ?, not feeling as energetic as I used to, little things like that.
When there are abrupt changes, deaths, losses of any kind, it is much more difficult. Some experiences seem so final. In many respects they are final. Some ENDINGS are very appropriate and timely. Others are definitely beyond our control and that seems to be the ones we want to hang onto. I am learning a gentler way of dealing with death.  “ To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven”

I feel it is good to ‘take stock’ of what we had, bless it, savor the good memories and gently, ever so softly, let the painful ones disappear as sugar dissloves in a cup of hot tea. This can be done ever so slowly if that is what we want.. . . letting go of the pain. EVERYTHING has an ENDING in our mortal life. To ACCEPT each ENDING is WISE and FREEING. I doesn’t mean we forget. Taking one day at a time, one memory at a time, one incident at a time is the gentle way to go about life.

“Whenever a door closes, another door opens”. It is the way of LIFE. It is a blessing just to remember that and call it to mind whenever it is needed.  It reminds me of watching a sunset slowly descend. It is so beautiful we’d like to keep it there, but alas, a sunrise will appear the very next day. It will never be the same as before no matter how much we want it to. That’s why ENDINGS are a blessing. They OPEN THE DOOR  to the NEW!


Count your blessings
When something ENDS
It is the APPRECIATION
Of what was
That ushers in
The NEW.



BLESSINGS

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing yourself with us, Julanne. It was so well-written and such a gentle reminder of what many of our parents tried to teach us. As I read it, I could hear my mother saying, "When a door closes, another door opens."
    Blessings,
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog