CLEMATIS
RESPECT



RESPECT is one of my favorite words. It lifts me up to a state of ‘HIGHLY THOUGHT OF’, HONOR, PRESTIGE, almost REVERENCE . . . depending what I’m referring to. I’m particularly referring to individual people who have/are contributing to the world.

Extraordinary writings that touch me deeply.

One is Maria Popova. The bi-weekly writer of BRAIN PICKINGS, marvelously inspiring writings about the very best authors ever. She writes every Sunday about several people and every Wednesday about a fewer number of people, nonetheless excellent. You can receive her BRAIN PICKINGS on the internet. She also is on You Tube.
These writings are so helpful to me because I often times want to read different books but I don’t want to read the whole book. It’s perfect for me to feel satisfaction and accomplishment.

Two other brilliant writers (who both passed away last week) are Mary Oliver, the poet and John Welwood, a writer about relationships.
I mention these people as a way of sharing the DISCOVERY of reading beautiful and powerful writings that can touch us all in different ways. I RESPECT these writers for their TENACITY AND PERSEVERENCE in writing what they love.
 I APPRECIATE their DEDICATION and CREATIVITY because I consider myself a writer now since I write blogs and Small Stones poetry every week. I am DEDICATED to writing whatever I feel rising within me or what I deem essential to my spiritual growth and expression. 

This February 5th will be the end of my seventh year writing my blog. It makes me have RESPECT for myself and anyone who is creative and enterprising in any way.  In reading Mary Oliver’s poems, I became inspired to write more poetry about nature & whatever else.
RESPECT is essential if we want to care for ourselves, our friends and family, pets, plants (both inside and in our gardens), belongings, people we don’t really know and of course, our planet and environment. It’s everywhere! Those who struggle for survival, finding employment, raising a family, helping others, dealing with abuse and cruelty, all deserve RESPECT because for the most part they are putting forth effort to do better. If they are not, it still is the best they can do.

Bringing RESPECT closer to home I’m AWARE of all the service people here at the Village and what all they do for us to make us more comfortable. I deeply RESPECT their EFFORTS and SERVICE to all of us. I’m very CONSCIOUS of them and do my best to show my appreciation by asking please . . .thank you . . . looking them in the eye and smiling and conversing, even by asking how they are doing that day.

This morning I was AWARE of a queasy feeling in my stomach. Being the investigator that I am, I kept trying to discover what it could be. I always have a feeling about January 26th, a birthday or what? I suddenly remembered it was the day of the death of my favorite aunt and uncle in an accident 59 years ago. Four days later I gave birth to a boy, who died after about 1 ½ hours. It was the most devastating week of my life. 

Once I remembered the incidents, I calmed down and am about my day.
It always pays to look the dragon in the eyes, face the music or whatever our ways of handling tragedy are, it helps (me) ease the pain much easier. I am GRATEFUL for that incite. I NOTICED immediately that I had great RESPECT for myself for dealing properly and immediately with my thoughts and heartbreak. I truly realizing that I am RESPECTING myself and more and more all others who survive hardship and tragedy.


RESPECT leads to COMPASSION,
COMPASSION to LOVING KINDNESS.
 We too could be in their shoes.


BLESSINGS











Comments

Popular posts from this blog