NANDINA
CAPABLILITY


Do you ever wonder how you’ll ever get through . . .something? The truth is we may not get over something, but we do get  through it. I have been experiencing all kinds of emotions and experiences that make me feel like I live on a roller coaster!

Yesterday I had to buy a new battery for my car. It was needed and not too expensive. It turned out to be a blessing. I was home, a service man came in half an hour, he was very kind, explained things to me and I was safe the whole time. It’s just those first few seconds that I feel fear and upset.

I have learned the trick to mastering my panic and upset. (I do however still have them ) but I BREATHE, (deep CONSCIOUS breathing), take the next step, give thanks that I have the CAPABILITY to proceed, and relax into the situation as much as possible. It’s been a process and one I have practiced for a long time. I just actually do something and that relieves the situation so that it is DO-ABLE. I also am AWARE that if I REALLY don’t want to do something, I need to do it anyway. It usually works.

I feel it is true that ‘we’re never given anything we can’t handle. ‘Think about it! Grief, sadness, exuberance, loneliness, fear, panic, joy, incomprehension of what to do. At some point, we are CAPABLE of receiving the answer or the outcome and  TIME so we can cope as best we can.

Most of all it takes COURAGE on our part, no matter what the situation or the outcome, to ‘just keep on keeping on’. I notice this more and more as I am aging and I see the COURAGE people have here at the Village to do what they do. Life is not easy for any of us at times and that’s why I like to write about this to make things clear in my head as well as share with others, ATTITUDES and ACTIONS that have worked for me.

When there were many dark days during WWII, Winston Churchill said ‘NEVER GIVE UP!” I have always remembered this. I can’t even imagine the pain and the suffering. However, there were those who survived using their WILL and FORTITUDE to create a different life. Somewhere way down deep, they, we, know  we are CAPABLE of more life within us.

I always come back to the truth of the blessings we all share here as opposed to what some others are experiencing right now.

I recently watched a movie called A Dolphin’s Tale, about a dolphin that got snagged in a fish net with hooks. On a beach. A young boy calls ‘the sea life ambulance,’ that came to rescue the dolphin in two minutes. The dolphin (they named him Winter)has to have his tail amputated but the beauty of the story is the relationship between n the boy and the dolphin. The boy would not give up on the dolphin that was fitted with an artificial tale and after numerous tries, was able to tolerate the feeling of a new tail. Remarkable!

There was a very well known and revered landscape gardener named “Capability Brown” in England. Now that tells us something about his CAPABILITIES!

We are all CAPABLE of doing something different. Perhaps NEW and perhaps starting up an old hobby or activity that we once enjoyed. We can always learn a new skill even if it is listening to beautiful music, sketching with a pencil, meditating, sitting quietly and looking at the clouds.


Each of us is
Far more
CAPABLE of
Creating our life
Anew.


BLESSINGS




Comments

  1. That's a wonderful perspective and reminder! I love how you uplift people through your blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog