NEW VEGGIES/HERBS
NEWNESS


Ah, the very sound of the word NEWNESS reminds me of clean sheets blowing on the clothesline. It illicits a feeing of FREEDOM, CLEANLINESS, FRESHNESS and ‘SUCHNESS’. I love the word ’SUCHNESS’. It means  ‘THE WAY THINGS ARE’. It sounds foreign to most of us but it also seems to lighten up . . .the way things are.
The NEW YEAR has begun and I am very happy for the NEW opportunities that await me, await all of us. All we have to do is LOOK . . . inside and ask ourselves a few questions.

These questions may seem a bit daunting but really, they are simple questions to wake ourselves up more than ever.  Questions like:


Who am I? What do I want to experience in my life that is before me?
How can I take care of myself better?
How do I want to be with others?
What do I feel moved to let go?


Those questions are basic but an excellent ground for looking inside and telling what is so. IF we do not at least look and inquire, we will stay stuck in the same ways as before, and perhaps not feeling too happy or satisfied  with our self or our life.

I have been on this inquiry for a long time and I always take a long hard look at what I want to improve in myself and my relationships with Life. I’m happy to say that I have made great strides and improvements over the past 10 years, especially concerning how to take care of myself and ‘go’ for what I want and feel drawn to do.
.
The biggest achievements are writing, moving to the Village, letting go of old material things, gardening outside, since I’m nurturing houseplants, some 30 odd plants. I’m letting go old interests and pursuits such as hiking, parties, large groups and entertaining with dinner parties. Even some art projects, as least for now. My new endeavor is to read more and cultivate a growing vocabulary for my blogs

This all feels so GOOD, FREEING, and SATISFYING to me. I’m realizing I can always participate in any of those mentioned on a smaller scale but with no pressure on myself, it feels very FREEING. In a matter of speaking, NO SHOULDS !

Living at the VILLAGE is exactly where I am supposed to be! Living here gives me the opportunity to be ‘in the world (with others) and privacy and alone time which strengthens my spiritual life enormously. (I have asked myself what am I supposed to do now that I’m here ?) The answers have come very easily. I have gotten clear and spoken up to claim a place here. I have received so much support and collaboration from others. I am most grateful for the CHOICES I have/can make moment by moment. Nurture what you love or would love to try.

From the moment dawn breaks till we get in bed at night, we can and do create NEWNESS in our life. We may feel something is someone else’s fault things didn’t turn out the way we’d hoped they would, but if we really look to see our part in it, we’ll see that if nothing else we could have had a more pleasing ATTITUDE about whatever.


Begin each day a NEW
With light and love
In your heart
To guide your path
Toward the mysterious
NEWNESS.


BLESSINGS



Comments

Popular posts from this blog