CLOUDS
IMPERMANENCE

As I was waking up this morning I realized how peaceful and happy I felt. It was such an amazing feeling to just ‘float’ in this feeling. When I looked out my window, I noticed one of my favorite things in this world…CLOUDS. I watched them ‘float’ by and was, once again amazed, at how IMPERMANENT clouds are! They don’t ‘stand still’ for a single moment . . . ever! I watched how the whisps of clouds transformed into streaks of soft, puffs with fluffy edges as they floated on by. Very quickly, they all gathered together in a light grey shade, ever moving onward. Who knows what will be next. A marvelous ‘movie’ to watch!

I also had a flash of a memory I have not had for years. It was not pleasant but I realized how much of my unhappy memories of my past I have truly LET GO OF! One moment of thought about anything will change to another in a split second unless we labor over remembering the dark stuff. I do my best to think about the PRESENT moment and allow the future to show up as it will.

I am so grateful to know about (and learning more) how IMPERMANENT everything is in our lives. NATURE teaches me everyday the glory of beauty in nature, relationships, kindnesses; even demise and death have a new meaning for me. Instead of ‘the end’ of something beautiful and precious, it is a TRANSFORMATION into something else.  I still feel the loss of loved ones, anything I have loved and lost, but I move on to the next . . .

The words IMPORTANT or MEANINGFUL come to mind. I want to ‘hang on’ to the moments, relationships, feelings, things I cherish most because to ‘let go’ too quickly is too painful. Now that I’m AWARE of the concept of IMPERMANENCE, it is like a gentle hug reminding me that it is ok to let it go. It takes lots of practice.

I have a friend who has had the entire inside of her house painted in one ‘fell swoop’ as they say. She had a marvelous time letting go of old ‘stuff’ and replacing what she loves in it’s best place. Hard work, yes, but the rewards far out weigh the time spent. A classic example of IMPERMANENCE! Sometime or other it all has to go . . . somewhere.

To better understand and deal with IMPERMANENCE, recall the time when you lived in your home; when you decided to move to the Village; when you moved into your ‘home’. All the changes that took place, in your mind, your heart, your belongings, your environment and your attitude. NOTHING stayed the same, really, not even your relationships or belongings. Certainly not your mind. Some were pleasant, some were not but the point is, YOU found it within yourself to recognize the IMPERMANENCE of your life and your situation. That takes COURAGE!

Now as I live each day and adjust and shift myself into what is before me, I’m thankful that life, things, are IMPERMANENT.


It is too painful trying to hang on
when the ‘rope’ is slipping through my fingers anyway!
 I feel much freer and cared for in all areas of my life.
I have a new PURPOSE now!


BLESSINGS



Comments

  1. That is so beautiful and wise Julanne. Yes, everything in this world is temporary. Things come and go like the clouds. That which is eternal lies within.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog