NUN'S ORCHID
PERSEVERENCE


This powerful word PERSEVERENCE, reminds me of what each one of us does in one form or another, every day. AH, we are RELENTLESS in some areas of our life and LET GO of other less IMPORTANT activities and endeavors, hard as that may be. 
It truly is the pattern of life.

I have become TENACIOUS with my stretching and exercising every day. I have no other way of living my life if I want to proceed onward with activities. After my fall 5 weeks ago I started this regime daily and actually became discouraged at times. It seemed that I could feel no difference in the areas of strength and flexibility.

In the last week I have NOTICED some change and my physical therapist said I had improved considerably. So! That is good news! It does pay off to PERSEVER in any endeavor, otherwise ‘it’ all goes downhill from here!

Anything that we are PERSEVERING about is not easy. Maybe that is what makes it so valuable. After all, easy activities are often not even considered, so we don’t ‘do’ them.

I love to watch good movies, as I’ve said. I know that besides the cinematography, the story, actors, etc. it is because I’m INSPIRED by the PERSEVERENCE the people demonstrate. It is amazing the feats that they accomplish under dire circumstances, all in the name if LIVING and SURVIVING.
To PERSEVER in the physical sense is essential if we want to be able to function. To PERSEVER in the MENTAL and SPIRITUAL areas is just as ESSENTIAL. They are what keep us moving ahead, elevated to a higher realm that brings us closer to the highest in ourselves. Also so that we can communicate with others and PRACTICE COMMPASSION, LOVING KINDNESS and PAYING ATTENTION to what is VITAL in our lives.

Whenever I feel saddened, shocked or appalled about hearing about or experiencing anything happening to any of us, I have to take a few minutes (or more) for it to digest. Then I am reminded of my VALUES and INTENTIONS for myself and others, and I RECOMMIT to PERSEVERING in my endeavors and carry on as best I can. We can let it serve as a ‘wake up call’ to STAY ALERT and proceed forward.

It is easier to choose one ‘goal’ a day and focus our attention on that. The next day can be a bit longer or stronger and then we will experience results.
GO FOR IT!


IF AT FIRST
YOU DON’T SUCCEED
TRY, TRY AGAIN!



BLESSINGS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog