NELLY MOSER CLEMATIS
MOTHERS


Today is MOTHER’S DAY! It is a day to celebrate our MOTHERS, whoever they are and wherever they may be. I remember my dad buying my mother a red carnation and me a white carnation corsage each MOTHER’S day to wear to church.  I always thought that was such a sweet gesture. There was no conversation about it, or even the reason for giving them, but I still cherished it.

I was blessed with a wonderful MOTHER, in all ways. I knew she deeply loved me, cared for me, giggled with me and taught me many, many things. She was loving and kind and fun! She made me feel important and encouraged me in all ways. When I was 15 ( and again 17), my parents had a boy and later a girl. I was thrilled and always eager to ‘take care of them’, which I did a lot of!

She appreciated everything I did and acknowledged me for my abilities. She never took me for granted or ‘overworked’ me. I know I learned about children from caring for my brother and sister. I also knew they helped me learn how to be a good teacher and MOTHER myself.

I realize not all MOTHERS are kind, gentle and loving. I now know that people’s behavior usually comes from the way they were treated. I have more COMPASSION for MOTHERS now because of behaviors inflicted upon them. It may not be an excuse, but it does help me to UNDERSTAND at least do my best not to be so judgmental. All MOTHERING is a monumental endeavor and deserves some kind of SUPPORT for them, if only in thoughts and prayers.

The other MOTHER I wish to thank and acknowledge is our dear MOTHER EARTH! We owe HER and her relentless generosity and beauty, from our hearts, no matter what is happening in the world. We are truly blessed in every area of our lives, even if it doesn’t show.


From the depths
Comes MOTHERS
With GRATITUDE!



BLESSINGS

Comments

  1. Very well said ... always so thoughtful and profound.
    Thank you Julanne. love Joel

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so apparent that you were a wonderful mother when your kids still show their love the way they do. Good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog