CLORODENDREN
AWARENESS


AWARENESS is becoming my middle name. Since I fell in February, I have become a ‘hawkeye’ everywhere I go and with every thing I do. I have been reading about AWARENESS for years, AWARENESS in how we CHOOSE everything. . . activities, foods, companionships, entertainment, books, etc etc. This is very important and very NECESSARY if we are to be happy and safe. Being AWARE heightens my CONSCIOUSNESS and abilities to WAKE UP and be ALIVE.

AWARENESS also makes me even more aware and SENSITIVE to what is going on around me and how people are treating others.  At the VILLAGE I am keenly AWARE of how the employees (servers) are with residents. It is such a pleasure to talk or be with an employee and feel how he/she is with me. I have never experienced anything but COURTESY and HELPFULNESS! Now that is saying something! I APPRECIATE each and every person here for all they do.

I have also NOTICED how some residents are with employees. This is very hard for me to ‘swallow’ because it is less than what it could be. I see how hard and tenaciously employees work here and I make sure I thank them for their service. These people have lives, families, obligations outside the VILLAGE and yet they are prompt, courteous and helpful to each of us.

I also am AWARE of the people who plan, coordinate and manage servers and are so willing to listen to us when we have a complaint or and idea. It can’t be easy to be so solicitous and open, even if they have their own feelings and ideas.

I must say in all fairness that sometimes I am not as kind and friendly as I would like to be. I do my very best to include all residents (people) whether I know them or not, but sometimes I NOTICE myself not extending myself to being as attentive as I’d like. When that happens, I promise to do better and PAY MORE ATTENTION.

Alas, that is where COMPASSION for myself and others comes in; FORGIVENESS and LETTING GO, and not taking things PERSONALLY. When I feel someone is shunning me or commenting about something that is offensive, all the above words apply.

No matter where we go or with whom, it seems to me, all the rules apply. We are indeed HUMANS and as AWARE as we are, we can all PAY MORE ATTENTION and remember each of us has our ‘days’  and show our KINDNESS with a SMILE.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog