DELIGHT



This is one of my favorite words! The sight of it, the sound of it and the meaning of DELIGHT . . . DELIGHTS ME. I begin my day by opening my blinds and looking out to the trees and the lake, every morning! Then I see the ducks waddling about and the magnificent egret(s) prancing around. Lately I’ve watched the Whistling ducks, I saw a mama, daddy and 3, yes 3 tiny babies running then swimming together! Such a DELIGHT!

More and more I am enamored with NATURE. I can always fine something that makes me NOTICE something that is present that perhaps I never NOTICED before. Sometimes it is as simple as a limb on an old oak tree, or the markings on the Muscovy ducks.

A DELIGHT is more than just in Nature. I have recently had a few conversations with people that were completely DELIGHTFUL! It makes me feel so uplifted and grateful to know them and share in some special conversations. It stays with me for a long time. The key for me is to listen to them and ask questions of them to show my interest, which I most often genuinely am. I derive PLEASURE from sharing and of course that is a DELIGHT!

It is easy to find DELIGHT in the small stuff. The other day, a leaf fell off a plant and it was the most extraordinary shades of pale yellow, pink with the lightest green veins. It was so beautiful. I laid it on my table and studied it. It was completely different from the plant it fell from. Usually I would just toss it in the trash, but look what I would have missed if I did that! All that DELIGHT!

Sometimes when things aren’t going so swimmingly, I find I’m not as CONSCIOUS of the beauty around me. I am locked into some more dreary thoughts. When I remember to LOOK, I will very quickly see or experience something usually right before my eyes. It is a matter of AWARENESS as to what I’m FOCUSED on. Sometimes it takes more effort than others, but one thing I do know is that I can turn myself around . . . by WAKING UP!

I’m keenly AWARE that my surroundings make a world of difference in my mood. That is why I’m so grateful for the beauty all around me. My heart goes out to those less fortunate than I and I send them beams of COMPASSION and ask that somewhere deep inside their imagination steps up and fills their mind with some kind of pleasure.


The DELIGHTS of the senses:
Seeing, smelling, tasting, hearing, touching
Can be found everywhere.


BLESSINGS



Comments

  1. YOU, my dear, are very delightful yourself! You are your own ray of light, though you may not always feel that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Liz Sea! Sharing your thoughts, practices and actions offer so much to your family and friends. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog