RED ROSE
WAITING


We all know what it is like to have to WAIT, to ANTICIPATE some event, change, progress, news, birth of a baby, homecoming of a loved one, a plane, a check even a bit of unpleasant happening such as a hurricane coming our way. Having to WAIT for anything can be anxiety producing, downright , frightening, exciting, producing great expectations, nerve wracking, on and on.

I have been what I consider ‘stuck’ for the last few weeks, WAITING for a shift in my health, my attitude and my feeling of well being, and inspiration. I feel like I have been doing battle with meds, energy and motivation. Most unpleasant. I certainly have been WAITING . . . I have turned a corner by being PESISTENT with inquiring about my meds, doing what I can do and WAITING for the dust to settle.

It has been worth the WAIT because I’m feeling a shift in all my aforementioned ‘stucknesses’. I knew it would come but while I was in the middle of it, it felt  daunting and very far away in the distance. Once again I experience the difference between ‘pushing the river’, doing things against my grain and WAITING for the shift to happen. This is tricky because most of us want instant results, (in our favor, of course) and don’t want to WAIT for better outcomes.

While I was WAITING and frankly unable to accomplish much more than taking care of myself, I learned at a deeper level what is important and what can be laid to rest, at least for the time being. It is a very fine line and the more I live my life, the more I am coming to understand the values I cherish. WAITING is certainly one of those values.

Of course along with WAITING, comes PATIENCE and FORBEARANCE. Oh my, a challenge indeed. But if I want to be at PEACE and PRODUCTIVE, I see I have no choice. There are activities I am thankful I have always pursued, namely caring for lots of houseplants and keeping my apartment in ORDER. So I look around and see beauty and neatness. This is the only way I can live. I also got lost in a series of books, which kept me fed and distracted in a good way.

WAITING is indeed a PRACTICE. As far as I’m concerned, PRACTICING everything is the name of the game. If something needs to be improved or accomplished, we have to PRACTICE. No easy task, but well worth the effort. There are times when all we can do is WAIT . . .

While we are all WAITING to see what is ahead concerning the hurricane, we can all remember that the sun is faithfully shining on us above the ‘weather’.


We can trust that
Things will change,
If we WAIT. . .



BLESSINGS

Comments

  1. Love this...and you my friend. We are long overdue for a chat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so profound and insightful. Everytime i read your blogs, i wish i was there to hear you in person. Your insights are so helpful and you are changing the way people feel about themselves and others. I know now why i love your daughter so much. You are the source of her inspiration.
    We love you Julanne and please keep writing! Joel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog