BOULDERS

BOULDERS

 








This is a magnificent BOULDER in Colorado. Here it sits, many centuries old just 'sitting' there  seeming alone and useless. Somehow, I see the BEAUTY and the majesty of this BOULDER in a new way. It is a magnificent 'rock' that had to come from somewhere, perhaps a high mountain near by or a glacier? It doesn't matter to me where it came from because it is here now to symbolize strength, solidity, unmove-ability and longevity.  I could study this photo for days just to see the crevices and shapes of the BOULDER, come to life and COMMUNICATE to me. What is it saying to me, asking me urging me to do?

Sometimes I feel like I have a BOULDER in my path, sometimes in my body and mind, a heaviness I can't understand and i want it to move aside. most of the time I think of BOULDERS as stumbling blocks, a way to 'get in the way' of my journey. Looking at this BOULDER I am grateful for it's message to STOP . . . and PAY ATTENTION to where I am and where I am going. 

One of my favorite things to do in life os to be by a stream or small river in the mountains where there can be many sizes of BOULDERS 'sitting there', allowing the water to flow around it and not bother it at all. Except in time, the water does wash away tiny bits of the rock and flows into the water that was its home for ages! 

So what does that mean?  The BOULDER won't stay 'in tact' forever, down through the ages actually. It will change and become another part of NATURE. this says to me that nothing is permanent in NATURE! It may take a while, even ages, but it will TRANSFORM! It will 'change 'and become something else or at least smaller or different. I find this very gratifying because it means to me that we can look forward to better or different circumstances at some point. Guess what? Even our life and our bodies! 

It is awesome to think about in many ways. One can look at that and feel dread and sorrow and even fear. I choose to look at the changes as exciting and transformative to the good. Seeing the BEAUTY and WONDER of Life and of NATURE ( especially for me) is confirming that LIFE is to be experienced and lived in TRUST! EVERYTHING changes and looking at a BOULDER can get in our way if we just look at the BOULDER without the other dynamics involved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog