FOCUS


I recently came across a great reminder! A reminder to FOCUS 

our attention on one thing at a time! When I was raising my family

and working I used to pride myself on how much I could 

MULTITASK. It seemed the most logical thing to do when TIME 

seemed to be in short supply. I know I have written about this

before but it beckons to me to remind ourselves to PAY 

ATTENTION to what we are doing a little more carefully.


Living at the VILLAGE, there are ever so many precautions we

are urged to take so as not to fall, forget things ( like medications or appointments) and to be AWARE of 

our every step. I make it a point to always look behind me when I want to move from a position, in case 

there is something in the way or crept up behind me. Sometimes I'm made to NOTICE something that if I

hadn't looked I would have taken a tumble.


There are some exceptions to FOCUSING on one thing at a time, like letting something cook while doing

something else near the kitchen, fold clothes while watching a movie. For the most part it is best to just do

ONE thing at a time. If it helps us to FOCUS, we could write a list each day of what we'd

like to accomplish and what we need to accomplish like an appointment. That way we can FOCUS on 

what is 'up next' for us to do. 


We have to remember that the BRAIN is the 'boss' here and if we confuse it by dabbling in different things

at a time, it does not like that nearly as well as experiencing ORDER, CONCENTRATION and 

SIMPLICITY!


Some things need planning, but others need only to set aside a time to enjoy whatever it is to do.

All this takes a WILLINGNESS to change a few habits that may or may not work for us now. Try some

tasks out and see what happens. For me, when I concentrate and FOCUS on what I'm doing, I'm much

more fulfilled when I complete it. Someone remarked to me that she didn't know how to choose which 

things to keep, like clothes, 'things' she no longer wanted or used. I explained to her my approach to 

sorting,  clearing the space (shelf, part of a closet, etc.)looking at one thing at a time and keeping 

only what you want & will use and put that back. One does have to FOCUS doing that well.


Case in point, if we want to ENJOY, ACCOMPLISH, ENGAGE with anything, we have to FOCUS

 on ONE thing at a time in order to feel SATISFACTION for the task!


This is an aside but I feel the need to share this bit of important information:

I was talking with someone who shared with me a recipe when one has a hint of a UTI. Now I know that 

I have suffered from these little darlings and took anti-biotics for them. This remedy can help or eliminate

them so there is no need for meds at least as a first choice.

When we feel a first sign of discomfort, 

take 1-2 Tablespoons of APPLE CIDER VINEGAR, either 

alone or in 1/2 glass of water. Repeat every 4 hours. ACV makes the body more alkaline which is what is 

needed for a healthy system.


Here is a recipe for a ACV drink to be enjoyed 1-2-3 times a day. It's like a tea or a tonic.

2 teaspoons lemon juice

1 tablespoon honey

1 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)

2 teaspoons ACV

dash of cayenne (optional)

1 cup water.

ENJOY!


We have our senses

to 'see' what is in

front of us to FOCUS.


BLESSINGS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog