RED  HAWK



ATTENTION


The dependable SPIRAL CYCLE has come around again for me waking me up to the wonders of the mind, nature and deep desires. For one thing, the wonder of the magnificence of this hawk on our fence at Lake House.  The stature, the colors the ATTENTION it is showing to something? These signs of beauty wake me up to pay more ATTENTION than ever to what is right in front of me.

Recently I saw a show on You Tube about a different way to paint watercolor. I have dabbled in watercolor for many years bit I never became as inspired as I am now with varying method of watercolor. I'm thrilled to be inspired again!

I'm more AWARE than ever at paying ATTENTION to what I'm looking at or visualizing than ever. This includes all that I look at. I'm seeing such wonder in my watercolors that smush into one another, that blend together, that differ from the last stroke I just made. It is a wonder to be sure. I have been experimenting with several methods and it is endless fun. The blending of 2 or 3 colors,(actually I believe they are called 'hues') is wonder-ful! The real wonder of it all is that ALL colors come from yellow, blue and red! It's astonishing and quite the gift to be able to mix  colors to duplicate what Ijust mixed together. that's why, I imagine, they make so many different colors and shades ( lighter or darker) so one doesn't have to mix them all the time. I'm using both, straight from the tube and mixing paint together. I also saw a program about creating a journal of one's liking with very creative contents as well. 

I suddenly got the idea of  combining watercolor with writing my SMALL STONES  as a creative way of combining these 2 loves I have together! It got my ATTENTION to be sure and I ordered some watercolor pads on which I can create! Ahhhh! I was paying ATTENTION to what I could create without having to 'start from scratch' so to speak.

It truly was a thrilling experience to receive these ideas, pay ATTENTION and be able to implement them immediately!  All it takes is OPENNESS to what is in front of us! It certainly has paid off to have wandered into different modes of CREATIVITY after all these years and SEE how one or more can work together or alone! The POTENTIAL and OPPORTUNITY for NEWNESS in ready and waiting for us to pay ATTENTION.

Every time I even look outdoors or take a walk, I  SEE all of nature DIFFERENTLY! It truly is a wonder and when I pay particular ATTENTION to the way the breeze moves the moss or leaves, the shades of color and the angle of the light, I marvel, especially at the variations that show up. My delight at the Ducks and the Ibis's never wanes. 

Spring is coming for sure! The iris on the north side of Gin Lake are slowly spreading toward the path and will be blooming a gorgeous lavender-blue before too long.

I'm so grateful I have interests and  projects to explore and that satisfy me. It helps so much since I can't do other activities I used to do. Along with taking care and paying ATTENTION to my houseplants, I feel I am more SENSITIVE and AWAKE than I was before. It is well worth the effort to have something to look forward to each day. It certainly works for me as part of the ATTENTION I pay myself every day. We all have lots of facits to this life of ours and it does pay off to PAY ATTENTION to what we want and need.

 

Bask in the wonder

          of the colors and sights

          The lovely Whistling ducks are back! 


BLESSINGS

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog