RED ROSE

                                                           HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY


SENSITIVITY


Yesterday was another 'wake up' day for me. I took the bus to the Tower Club for my second Covid vaccine shot. (While I waited for the bus, I NOTICED some people waiting to board were very impatient. They  seemed to not be AWARE of each other with walkers and slow maneuvering). It was not like every other day going to be taken care of. It was (and has always been) a time of being taken care of with such conscious SENSITIVITY. The staff greeted each of us with such warmth and SENSITIVITY, like children coming to a big event. Every step was so thought out and clear. We were guided exactly where to go and what to do even if we had been there before.

I had not brought all the paper work required for the shot but it was no problem, I just had to fill out a form again and was given a new card. What I noticed was the ATTITUDE everyone showed, not only to me, but everyone waiting to be seated for the shot. There was enormous SENSITIVITY shown to all of us because of the uncertainty and anxiety that filled the air. 

When I have done something before, I usually know what to do the next time, and I did, but there were several people who were unclear about the procedure of what to do. The KINDNESS shown all of us was from the Health Department as well. I received the shot from the same person who gave it to me before. First, she had to fill out a card and she did it as though it was for the first time. She just did it and went on to the business at hand. No sighs or eye rolling because I had forgotten my card. I noticed that SENSITIVITY immediately so I was relaxed when she gave me the shot. It made a world of difference not to feel judged. 

As I waited my 20 minutes before leaving, a lovely woman whom I know quite well, came over to me and asked how I felt then and offered me water and a breakfast bar while I waited. I know this is part of the procedure but I NOTICED it and APPRECIATED it and told her so. I also NOTICED that none of the health staff even seemed tired, when I know they were exhausted from this way of things. IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS . . .

I was very SENSITIVE to some of the folks I 'know' and how they looked very distressed, I'm sure just the whole 'business' at hand and the stress of a very different life we all are having right now. I was very TOUCHED by the fact everything looked like it was in slow motion. People were not talking to each other like before. Usually whenever there is a gathering people are chatty and usually jovial with each other, but not this 'event'.

I was also SENSITIVE to how difficult it was physically for some to even be there let alone the 'mission' they were on. I REALIZED that these people deal with their condition 24/7 and keep going! It is very impressive! The human SPIRIT is relentless when it is something we really want to do or know we must do. I carry these people, all people, in my heart throughout the day and send them love and light each time. 

 Each one of us, young, old, healthy, able, disabled, ill, willing, open or whatever, are in a place to be SENSITIVE and AWARE of each other. It is a TIME that is HERE to WAKE UP and SUPPORT anyone who needs CONSIDERATION, PATIENCE, AND KINDNESS in whatever the situation is. I totally understand the unconscious ones, they are as stressed as can be. however, that does not excuse treating others with disrespect, any time! . . .UNTIL YOU'VE WALKED MY SHOES!


Walk through your day

BEING SENSITIVE:

to others, animals, nature,

 OURSELVES!


BLESSINGS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog