WALKING IRIS

FEWER


As I was contemplating what I was going to write this time, the word FEWER just popped up in my mind. It is always so fascinating to me how words just pop up for me. I consider it a 'sign' to PAY ATTENTION. Perhaps the reason it happened today is because I spent some time going through my closet and my papers this week. It was a relatively easy task as I am one to weed-out quite easily. It is a way of having, possessing, collecting FEWER things, no matter what they are.

Since I have started watercoloring again, I'm completely fascinated with the colors of paints and all the paint brushes to choose from. Decisions, decisions all jumping up at me to NOTICE them. It's quite fun and a challenge to be practical as well as generous and sometimes extravagant with these wonderful tools available.

I've actually been studying watercolors and really seeing what can be done with FEWER paints and brushes. I'm sure you know this but I rediscovered the fact that YELLOW, RED AND BLUE are the primary colors. Every, every, every color, hue comes from mixing these 3 gorgeous colors! This is amazing to me and it is true! I'm experimenting more and more with mixing watercolors together and seeing what appears. It takes great patience and much practice to actually create the color, shade or tint of the 'color' I desire. It is not easy when I have a particular color in mind. It's more fun to just dabble and see what appears! I see paints and brushes that look marvelous to work with but I'm backing off and experimenting with what I've already got and see what I really need.

Another element of 'FEWER' in my life now is how I want to spend my TIME. I get to be choosy about what I do each day, each moment, really. There were many activities I participated in or wanted to do but in the last few months, that has changed. I know I have written about this before but I'm reminded each day of what I need to do and what I want to do. I am at a loss of what to do for about 3 minutes and then boom . .  there's an idea or an urge! It's so great how my intuition and my body guides me to action, which includes resting, quiet kind of stuff.

What it all boils down to for me is EMBRACING my INTUITION,  'MY HEART SONG' and my NEEDS and follow where it will lead me. I do NOTICE at night when I write in my GRATITUDE journal and before sleep that there are FEWER activities and 'shoulds' that creep into my mind. I feel satisfied with what I am (usually) choosing to do with my time.  Since I have less energy  than I did, most of my choices are easily accomplished. I also know that having FEWER options, makes me much more peaceful and creative. 


It's a blessing

to have FEWER choices

and to choose well.


BLESSINGS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog