INNER

                                                                                  
A friend of mine mentioned to me the words INNER ELDER. It was the first time I had ever put those 2 words together let alone realized what they meant.

For many years I have been AWARE of my INNER CHILD and have paid ATTENTION to 'her' within myself in loving and caring ways, through visualization and conversation.  It has always been very helpful to me.  The words INNER ELDER struck a cord in me as something I want to pursue. I was immediately 'thrown' back on myself as to what is going on with me right now.

What does that mean, really? ELDER, ELDERLY. . .words I have heard since childhood but now, alas, I am ELDERLY. I am an ELDER. This calls for a shift in CONSCIOUSNESS for me. I can no longer regard myself as other or separate from others who are 'older' people, younger or older than I.

This is a new point of view for me to entertain. I have been AWARE for some time that I am no longer comfortable doing certain activities I used to do easily, gardening, running, shopping, dancing, galavanting around, sight seeing, trying new adventures, especially physical ones, traveling.  I have  accepted this for the most part because I have found new adventures to pursue and they make me very happy and satisfied .

There have been many times I have gotten a 'pang' in my gut when something springs up that I used to do or might want to try.  What comes to mind are exposures and adventures in  NATURE. The places I have longed to see are 'still there', I just have to 'see' them in different ways, not live.

So I am about being more KIND, COMPASSIONATE and GENEROUS with my precious INNER ELDER and guiding and supporting 'her' into ease of ACCEPTANCE of the way things are right now. All it takes is a moment of AWARENESS as to how I'm feeling and to know that 'feelings are fleeting' and anything I get 'stuck' on will pass very soon.     

No matter what, I need to COMPLIMENT, ACKNOWLEDGE and be KIND to my INNER ELDER at all times.  It's no different than how I am with my INNER CHILD. I must say I am less critical and judgmental with myself than I used to be. I also realize how much of my life is based on using my INTUITION. I'm not always successful, but I am AWARE of my INTENTION and that is worth a lot. It reminds me of Michaelangelo chipping away at his marble masterpieces. I just keep chipping away . . There is something about looking at my INNER BEING from a different vantage point or as though I were someone else I love very much.       

Being AWARE of my INNER ELDER SELF helps me see other ELDERS (and children of all ages) in a softer more  loving way, more COMPASSION and UNDERSTANDING of others, no matter what their behavior. I'm very grateful for this AWARENESS!That helps me be at more peace within  myself and to NOTICE how other"s lives are affected by their circumstances. Since the pandemic and spending a great deal of time alone, I'm comfortable with myself and sometimes prefer being alone so that I can stay in touch with myself, my INNER ELDER and be with who I really am and appreciate LIFE on a whole new level.

Living at the VILLAGE, I have the OPPORTUNITY to meet others who are ELDERS and I appreciate what they are experiencing as they grow older. It can be quite 'eye opening' to experience myself through others. I'm just grateful I live in a community where we ELDERS are given so much care and respect. it teaches me to do the same.


What a 'trip' we're on
Becoming ELDERS
From the INSIDE      
OUT.


BLESSINGS               




                                                                  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog