KINDNESS


I was recently asked,"What is my motto?" I immediately thought of KINDNESS. I usually don't think I have a 'motto' but I do think about how important KINDNESS is in my life. It's the first thing that 'pops' up in my mind when I experience any upset or disagreeable thought (my own) or happening (outer) that is not KIND. 

I received an email telling about an island in the Caribbean that has 'come back to life' by eliminating rodents and some animals. There are birds returning and a sanctuary that is flourishing, trees, grasses and all good things growing to sustain the island. It is such good news1 When I was reading it, I realized how relaxed my body became reading good, prosperous news! It was KIND!

I have always preferred the word KIND to LOVE. To me KIND is so much wider, deeper than the word LOVE. It says more.It 'drips' softness, affection, love and attention for so many different subjects. ( I understand that there are different words for LOVE in other languages besides English that better describes LOVE. ) 

Being KIND starts with myself.This has been a long time coming because I have been very critical of myself in the past. I am waking up to the fact that if I'm not KIND to myself I'm not KIND to others. This includes anything from doing a service for another or  just a smile and a hello to anyone I happen to meet. KINDNESS begins at birth, the warm hands of being held, fed and cared for all the way to the present. I do believe that the way we were treated and raised as a child greatly affects our being KIND to ourselves and others. Besides people it also includes animals, plants and wildlife.

I have discovered a whole 'new' emotion within myself when I am KIND to myself. I am much softer, like a baby's blanket, calmer, 'nicer' more pleasant and ACCEPTING of myself in a beautiful way. If I really LISTEN to myself when I'm 'going on' about something, APPRECIATE myself for what I do or attempt to do, how I feel COMPASSION and EMPATHY for myself in all situations, especially when I'm unsure about something. I know how to COMFORT myself when I feel disappointed. It is a great relief to know how to do these things. It helps me imagine how another person must feel.

Giving myself physical things for my home and my personal belongings is such a pleasure because it is a way of taking care of myself, which I love to do. I take care of myself in ways of expansion and ways of being quiet and not doing somethings. I go with my "gut' to find my answers most of the time.

I also love to give to others. When I had my garden, it was such a joy to give, plants and flowers to visitors. I gave a friend some leaves etc. to dry and she made me the above picture for my birthday one year. I have it in my bathroom so I see it everyday and think of her. It's such a gift because my leaves gave her a creative project which she loves to do!



Just writing about KINDNESS makes me feel uplifted.

 It makes me feel connected

And I know I'm contributing 

To the world

In my own way.


BLESSINGS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog