ANGEL TRUMPET




GRIEF

When we see the word, GRIEF, or even hear the word, we usually react in some way. I am currently in a state of GRIEF because I lost a very dear friend last week. I have not lost anyone very dear to me for many years so it came to me with very short notice. 

We all have our very dear friends, pets, etc in our lives but when it is a very special friend, I'm finding it very heavy and sad. I knew this beloved for 3 1/2 years here at the Village. She was the very first person I met the day after I moved in. She was sitting on a bench and as I walked by I stopped and I introduced myself, sat down and we were friends immediately! It was so sweet! We had lunch together the next day and from that point on we were very close.

She was a remarkable friend. she was always very friendly, cheerful, kind and interested in enjoying life! Everywhere we went she would speak to others and in such a delightful manner, everyone 'knew' her. When we went to the dining room, she made it a point to be kind and communicative to the servers and everyone. What a delight!

She was the mother of 2 wonderfully devoted daughterS whom I met and have come to love as well. They were a sweet family that enjoyed each other to the fullest. I was blessed to be included one of the last days of her life.

The GRIEF I feel for my friend has brought up various other GRIEFS I have had in my life. LOSS is grievous. It can spring up out of nowhere and become center stage for as long as it takes!. That is what I'm learning, again! I keep being surprised at the  depth of my feelings and yet they are perfect for me right now. I so often feel I have to 'rush' feelings, to come and to go. Not this time! I'm going to STAY PRESENT to whatever is going on for me in each moment. 

One of the virtues, I guess you'd call it, is feeling completely at peace with my relationship with my friend. I was a good friend to her, she loved me and my family and I'm so grateful for that. No regrets! It has made me very aware of some communications I need to make sooner than later. 

GRIEF is a gift if we'll just ACCEPT that it is a part of life that CANNOT BE AVOIDED AT ANY PRICE! It does not feel good but it is ESSENTIAL for our lives to be balanced and truly lived. I feel it is far better to have 'loved and lost than to never have loved at all'!

I have precious memories of my friend and always will have. 

She let me in so I could 
love her, share with her and support her. 
What better gift!


BLESSINGS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog