WHITE BLEEDING HEART


    CELEBRATION


    There have been many lovely CELEBRATIONS in my life, but the one that stands out to me is CELEBRATING my 70th birthday! It was a most profound treat and one that was a complete surprise to me! My son and daughter in love and a friend of theirs sent me to England on a GARDEN TOUR!! This was my most cherished dream of many years and I was stunned and overjoyed to receive such a gift!

    I remember the night they 'gave' me the gift. my son asked me to come to the living room for a minute and then we went to another room where my computer was. I walked in and my daughter had the web site showing on my computer. I took one look at it and was unable to grasp the magnificence of the situation! After a few seconds of gathering myself together and realizing what I saw I squealed and felt utter joy!

    I went by myself to England on the 3rd of July and came home July 10th. I flew into Heathrow airport where the tour guides met me. They were delightful and I so appreciated them picking me up. We went onto Bath (stopping along the way for bangers &, most enjoyable) where we were to stay for 3 days. I met everyone on the tour (12 of us) and started the tour off splendidly. I was so comfortable with everyone and so full of excitement for the days ahead.

    It is hard to describe the wonder and the beauty of what we experienced1 We visited 2 gardens a day, swooning and gasping with each garden. We'd stop for lunch or shopping each day which was a welcome treat. Just the countryside alone was worth the trip! I remember one stop we made at a shop full of goodies from England. I found a print of wildflowers I had to have. I had to wait for the clerk to find one and wrap it for me. Meanwhile the friends were back on the bus ready to go on and I got very nervous. I could not leave without this print!

    I finally got the print and went hurrying to the bus feeling embarrassed I held up the tour. As I got on the bus everyone cheered, yeahhhhh, so happy I got my print! Such was the attitude of everyone wherever we went! the print hangs in my bathroom and I get to see it and recall the fun of that day, and everyday.

    The last 3 days were spent near & touring Hampton Court. Oh my! what an experience. People who worked there were dressed in 'costume' of the day which made it all the more rich. We walked into a huge 'room' where a very long curved stairway took us up to the second floor. I got this very peculiar feeling come over me like I knew I'd been here before! A de ja vue to be sure! Down right spooky!
    (On my way home at the airport I bought a book by Philippa Gregory, a fabulous author, about a girl who was a maid in waiting for Queen Elizabeth and Mary Queen of Scots! I knew  I was there at that time, or perhaps that girl)

    Back to the gardens! Each one was so beautiful and awesome with the fragrances and the sights of the colors, textures, plantings, designs, views and splendor everywhere! The history that was revealed really intrigued me and I came home and did some research. Real people in real situations CREATED such magnificence and a lot of it is still there for all to enjoy! Such foresight!

    After 'touring' the Hampton Court Flower Show, 4 of us took off for London on the train and walked around the city for hours oohing and ahhing! It was pure delight and I'll never forget the sights or the group of lovely avid gardeners!

    I'll be forever grateful
    for the trip I was gifted 
    when I could appreciate it the most!


    BLESSINGS







Comments

Popular posts from this blog