BEACH AT SUNSET


FATE/DESTINY


I have been long confused about the exact meaning of the word FATE. The dictionary says,"one's lot or fortune, destiny..

DESTINY is "the seemingly inevitable succession of events, fate.

(The word LUCK is the seemingly chance happening of events")

This sounds to me like they could be interchangeable; that makes no sense to me. I now feel like I have the answer to my uncertainty about the 2 words.

I recently read that "FATE is what life 'hands' you (what kind of situations you find yourself in) 

DESTINY is 'what you DO with the situations'. 

This has made FATE and DESTINY understandable to me and I'm able to see both words much more clearly. It has helped me to differentiate the 2 words and their meaning so I can tell if whatever is happening is just happening (FATE) or if it is something I can actually do something about, (DESTINY), if nothing else in my ATTITUDE.

I can easily see when I BLAME someone or something for 'what's happening', I can choose in a clearer way what to do about it, if anything!

I often wonder how it is that some people have such unfortunate FATE and others have fortunate FATE. This is all part of the mystery of LIFE and I can accept that. Actually it is quite a relief to not have to 'figure it out'.

The word DESTINY really speaks to me because it is EMPOWERING to feel I have a say in what steps I can take to alleviate the situation or at least take responsibility for my own actions. 

This may seem like a 'heavy' subject, but I find it liberating, FREEING to have discovered this bit of information.

Considering what we have all been through in the past many months, besides everything else going on in the world, I find it tilts the scale somewhat to grasp the events in life a bit better.


We don't have to TOTALLY

accept our FATE;

we can play our part

in setting into motion

our DESTINY


BLESSINGS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog