DEVOTION


I am very AWARE of the CYCLES in my life lately. It might have something to do with the Olympics happening right now. I love the Olympics, I marvel at each athlete, watching their COMMITMENT and COURAGE to put their ordinary life on hold and DEVOTE their time and energy and mind to achieving their dream. I'm completely supportive of athletics and watching people perform their very best. At least that is their INTENTION; with such PASSION! I am more AWARE than ever how much these athletes use their MIND and their BODY to achieve their participation. I will go so far as to say that if every young person was interested and pursued some sport they would benefit themselves and others enormously!

I am so in awe of the young people's TENACITY and PERSISTENCE and sacrifice they live by in order to accomplish what they really want in their life. The SPIRIT and CONSCIOUSNESS that they show is INSPIRING to me. Not for an achievement in sports but for living my life with such CONCENTRATION and DEVOTION!

The same goes for artists of any kind DEVOTING their time and energy doing what they love. I can feel DEVOTION stirring in my body and mind when I'm doing what I love. I'm still DEVOTED to CONSCIOUSNESS of what I'm doing, plants, nature in general, beauty, learning, exploring, reaching out to others, and NOTICING what is going on around me. I'm thankful that I still have some things I'm DEVOTED to and am letting others go. 

It is so heartwarming to experience others who are DEVOTED to what they are doing, whether it be a job or a hobby, their energy rubs off on me and I pick up on their DEVOTION. Where does the energy come from? What motivates any of us to DEVOTE time, money and energy into some activity that thrills us so much? Never mind that some activities are so strenuous and even dangerous? It goes without saying that many activities benefit our bodies and minds just by simply being so COMPELLING!

I also have become more AWARE of having COMPASSION for the people who experience mishaps, disappointments and losses along the way. Everybody knows these kinds of things happen to us all but I feel it is a good thing to notice when they happen to us AND to others. I love watching the emotions that come up for people who do their best to succeed and either do succeed or not.

It makes me realize how human we are and how much alike we are and how CONNECTED we all are in our pursuits of what we are DEVOTED to.


What are you DEVOTED to?

What do you do that makes

Your heart go pitter-pat?


BLESSINGS






Comments

Popular posts from this blog