MEANING


As I sat in my living room this morning, I became very AWARE of all my BLESSINGS and good fortune, everywhere in my life. I was amazed at the belongings I have including several new purchases that contribute to the comfort of my life enormously, like a magnifying glass for reading small print! It's quite a revelation how such a small item can make such a difference! I now have 83 houseplants in my apartment, plants and cuttings. I wanted a certain space filled in with a plant and I looked around and found the perfect plant, voila! It was like having a nursery in my very own home!

I'm about to celebrate a birthday this week, 87 and I'm so very proud of what all I can and am doing in my life now! I have been AWARE the last couple years especially, that everything I do has MEANING for me or else I simply don't do it. I've written about this before, I know, but it seems more pertinent right now, actually with every passing day.

The beauty and WONDER about NOTICING what has MEANING for me is that it is like walking through a botanical garden or a arboretum (2 of my favorite things to do) and seeing a plethora of choices to swoon over! So much MEANING! This also pertains to the great out doors right out my door. What is so magnificent is that the vast array of items or experiences that have real MEANING for me are becoming fewer. I'm marvelously content with less of everything and GRATEFUL for the items that are affordable and accessible for me to procure for sheer convenience.

I have been enjoying my new KINDLE for reading books I want with large fonts! Ahhh, what pleasure! I'm able to rent or buy really special books to me so easily! It's like a whole new world has opened up to me since I have learned to use the computer and been much more open to learning, period!

I'm also NOTICING that what was MEANINGFUL to me at every stage of my life was perfect then and appropriate for where I was at the time. It is a VALIDATION for the wonder of time passing and what 'fits' at each 'stage'. Each one of us has MEANINGFUL experiences and belongings that make our lives richer and more MEANINGFUL! What a BLESSING to know that!  LETTING THINGS BE the way they are makes life so much ease-ier for me and I'm sure for yourselves.

One could write a check list, like for groceries and when we come upon the item we want or 'must have' we can 'check it off 'and be on our way. Few things can be more satisfying than to 'check it off my list'!

It is a great comfort to me to KNOW and FEEL that I am choosing whatever it is that 'fits' for me in the present moment. It brings me great peace of mind and keeps me a -float when there are so many distractions in the world. I do my best to include everything in my experience without going too far into the destructive stuff. I bless everyone involved and feel better in doing so.


Finding MEANING

in my life

is a moment by moment

ADVENTURE


BLESSINGS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog