WHISTLING DUCKS


OBSTACLES


When I think of the word OBSTACLES I think of 'tripping over' or 'stumbling' in some way. It seems there have been a lot of OBSTACLES in our paths for awhile. Many of them have been coming from the outside such as the virus, the weather, politics, world events etc. With many happenings it seems to render us helpless. It seems that BLAME is thrown out to the world, if only . . .? I feel this comes from FEAR and becoming at the affect of what I cannot control. OBSTACLES are like a 2 sided coin. On one side is the 'outer' and the other side the 'inner'.

I'm realizing that some of the OBSTACLES I experience come from ME! By allowing certain thoughts and feelings to control me and then I go 'into' fear and feeling helpless to change my situation. ALL OBSTACLES are not physical!

The key seems to me to be able to DISCERN if an OBSTACLE that we encounter is something we have no control over or if it is of our own making. The OBSTACLES of our own making starts with our ATTITUDE, and that  can be changed or MANAGED a good deal of the time. I see OBSTACLES as an OPPORTUNITY to take RESPONSIBILITY for my  part in whatever is happening. Ugh, I certainly don't like doing that sometimes, but truly, I know I must.

For me, AGING can be an OBSTACLE in that I can't do some of the things I used to do, and somethings I don't even want to do anymore! I'm ACCEPTING this stage of my life with open eyes and heart much more so that I can enjoy what I'm doing more.

I have been watching the Olympics every day and marveling at the athletes sometimes dancing around an OBSTACLE, other times going head on into it! It is so inspiring to me to watch their TENACITY and INTENTION show up under any and all situations. Whether each athlete receives a metal is beside the point to me. They work, train and put themselves on the line every moment. Their DEDICATION becomes bigger than they are and what a pleasure to see them strive for the best, 

I strive for the best in myself everyday, in ATTITUDE and actions and I can feel myself having to lower my expectations a bit as to activities. Yesterday I rode the bike 17 minutes and then went to an exercise class for 40 minutes. I  found out it was not a wise choice so I'll do only 1 activity a day. My biggest OBSTACLE has been energy and I have to work with that in order to feel productive. I'm ACCEPTING it is what it is and now I can ACCEPT that.


OBSTACLES are bumps in the road

We can go around them 

Or find another pathway


BLESSINGS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog