BOUGANVILLA   


REJOICE


Sometimes I come across something positively providential ! Today I read something that I feel could be life changing! This quote is from a COMPASSION card I chose for the day. 

"In the morning when you wake up, reflect on the day ahead and aspire to use it to keep a wide open heart and mind. At the end of the day, before going to sleep, think over what you have done. If you fulfilled your aspiration, even once,REJOICE in that! If you went against your aspiration, REJOICE that you are able to see what you did and are no longer living in ignorance. This way you will be inspired to go forward with increasing clarity, confidence, and compassion in the days that follow."

When I read this, I felt a spark of light inside! It was the first time (that I can remember) reading or letting in a thought about what I can do on a positive note when I feel I have not 'accomplished' what I would have liked to. It was amazing! I have been in a habit of making myself feel less than happy about a particular result I experienced or something I didn't do.

This attitude of REJOICING in any circumstance has given me another tool to practice. It can save me so much time from making myself wrong or disappointed for not measuring up to what I aspired to! Here is where I would interject the concept of INTENTION. I feel that is very important too. It also means a lot of mind chatter to relieve ourselves of guilt, remorse, regret etc. about what we have done. It feels like we can skip over stones much more quickly to ACCEPT our aspirations and just REJOICE in our behaviors.

This will increase our sense of COMPASSION for ourselves instead of feeling badly about ourselves. This to me is worth more than I can describe! It is such a relief to me to know that I can practice this everyday of my life and feel the calm gentle hand of GRATITUDE for even knowing another way to think and feel!

The very word REJOICE reminds me of fireworks! Bursting and popping all over the place in JOYFUL pleasure and restitution for those times we were so impatient with ourselves. The word and concept FORGIVENESS keeps coming to mind as I write this. A FORGIVENESS of ourselves for anything that has happened in our lives that we were a part of.

I hope that this new 'discovery' can be received as a new AWARENESS as it has for me. It definitely can be a bit of a 'mind blower', I'm sure. At least it is meant to give support and AWARENESS to us.


So many things to 

REJOICE about in this world

Now we can REJOICE in it all!


BLESSINGS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog