CALLA LILY


DIFFICULTIES


The very word DIFFICULTIES shines out like a beacon for all of us at one time or another. It also beams a light on POSSIBILITIES. It just means DIFFICULT, or not so easy to do or perform. That smacks of DO-ABLE. This could apply to anything we are faced with having to do or accomplish. This applies to even mundane, common activities including walking, writing, seeing, hearing, cooking, communicating, etc.

Rainier Rilke, the famous author says (about SOLITUDE) "Because SOLITUDE is DIFFICULT, and that a 'thing' is DIFFICULT must be even more of a reason for us to under take it".

I definitely have NOTICED that in my life lately. Any action or activity, whether in my mind or body that feels DIFFICULT is a flashing light for me to do it! I feel resistance, to be sure, but then I realize that it is a GIFT to me to break through my resistance. I have a 'rule of thumb' for myself, that if I do not want to do something (that I can do) I push forth and at least attempt doing it! This is DIFFICULT! After I 'do' the thing I don't want to do, I feel EMPOWERED and proud of myself even if it doesn't turn out to be just what I wanted. I feel INTENTION is the key. Sometimes I know this is not the right timing for something, so I practice PATIENCE and wait till I feel the 'go ahead'.

Another key for me is to DISCERN if it is reasonable and safe for me to go ahead. Since there seems to be more things I would be 'foolish' to do, I can let 'it' BE more easily. FOOLISH is the word here, because if I persist, I could really injure myself. THIS is DIFFICULT, as well. It means I'm not as independent as I once was ! When this happens I either ask someone to help me or work around it. At least I know I have the option.

I'm becoming more AWARE of the DIFFICULTIES NATURE has in surviving, growing or producing what they are designed to do! Even the Calla Lily had a struggle pushing it's way through the soil! A birth indeed!

As for the people in the world, family, friends, ones I don't know, my heart goes out to them in all their DIFFICULTIES. So many millions have no choice or option because of their circumstances. That is why I'm so diligent about being as CONSCIOUS as I can to WAKE UP to what I'm about. I see that many of our DIFFICULTIES happen because we bring them on ourselves. It's not easy to 'cut back' and select only what we need and far less of what we 'want'. In a word . . .SIMPLIFY. . .! THAT too is DIFFICULT! To make ADJUSTMENTS is necessary if we want to live an easier, safer life!

Let's take a look at what we view or experience as DIFFICULTIES in our life and determine if 'it' is THAT important to us anymore. I experienced that when I knew I had to give up my garden bed, or outdoor gardening in general. I switched to 'indoor' gardening' and that pleases me just as much!

Be KIND to yourself, take care of yourself as you would a puppy or a child and see what is DO-ABLE for you to do! All the 'clutter' in your life will soon slip off your shoulders and you won't have to lament the fact that it's DIFFICULT!


Rediscover who you are

by DOING what 

makes your heart sing!


BLESSINGS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog