AUTUMN


Ah AUTUMN! One of my favorite times of the year! There is something so palpable and yet subtle about the coming of AUTUMN! I can NOTICE AUTUMN approaching by the air, the soft breeze feels different than summer breezes. the light becomes softer and 'heavier' if you will. Of course one can see the daylight fading from week to week until darkness creeps upon us almost unawares. I personally love this TRANSITION into slower, quieter and more settled way of life.

For some this is a time of NEW BEGINNINGS, with school, new job, moving to a new location that is more convenient for us, warmer clothes, hot soups and 'comfort' foods. Delicious and, for me,more INVIGORATING! I find my mind shifting gears both to slow down and to be INSPIRED for new changes coming about. I actually get excited when I see leaves changing color, or falling from their tree or bush, indicating the 'growing season' is over.  I actually wonder if the leaves that fall from the bushes and trees know that more leaves will flourish in the spring. Meanwhile the fallen leaves leave a lovely slender stalk or limb awaiting the next flood of leaves. It is the CYCLE of LIFE once again performing it's brilliance and order!

All of this change makes me feel more secure, I can DEPEND on this change every year and ADJUST my body, mind and spirit accordingly. My idea of a perfect AUTUMN day is a warm sun and a cool breeze! A tonic! AUTUMN rhythm is much more in accordance with my rhythm, especially as my energy changes and my interests too. It speaks to me to slow down and enjoy everyday even it it is cloudy or windy or chilly. I make sure I have proper clothing for each possible change; that way I'm COMFORTABLE as possible wherever I am. It makes me even more GRATEFUL that I have what I have and am where I am.

I always love the habits of animals,bears and squirrels in the AUTUMN, stocking up for the long winter ahead, some growing more of a winter coat to protect them from the cold. For one who is basically a homebody, I love this process for myself (and humans)to take care of ourselves. AUTUMN is a time for some of us 'rev' up for the holidays! It is also a time of deep reflection and hibernation for ourselves should we choose to take advantage of the TRANSITION. A lovely invitation to ponder what ever it is that is meaningful to us, coming up with solutions and a new way of BEING!

If we NOTICE the very acts of NATURE during this time, we can WATCH how the growing seasons behave in terms of plants, vegetables, trees and animals. This makes me even more AWARE of the ORDER of the UNIVERSE that just happens.


In my heart is the sound

of silence

and a fly buzzing.


Autumn leaves fall

aplenty

covering tired grass.


Whatever this AUTUMN means to you,

 Enjoy it and know that all

 Is as it should be.


BLESSINGS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog