EVERGREENS



OBSERVATIONS


Last week, some of my family came to visit and we were 'out and about' the town much more than I have been for a very long time. Actually in about 4 years, because I moved into the village 4 years ago (on the 5th). I was OBSERVING myself in awe of the hustle and bustle virtually everywhere! It was like going to a movie or a circus perhaps watching the different 'shows'!

I was OBSERVING many things, people, events, actions, and it was fascinating to me that this went on every single day in one form or another! I also OBSERVED that Nature was all around me to enjoy. Sometimes I wanted to just sneak off into the BEAUTY I saw and enjoy that!

I also OBSERVED I didn't have to do anything about anything except just enjoy it! Sometimes it was positively surreal in that I didn't feel I was a part of many things.  I didn't feel the need to join in or do anything different than what I was doing already. I was relieved about that. 

I really have changed in some regards. We ate out in restaurants three times, which I haven't done for ages and it felt like I was in the middle of a horse race. I used to love to eat out but it was too stimulating for me to actually sit back and enjoy. This is an OBSERVATION of myself that is somewhat disturbing when I sit in JUDGMENT of myself. How ridiculous is that? I forgot to take into consideration that I PREFER somethings differently now. things do change and I get to OBSERVE that.

I'm finding that OBSERVING anything at this point in time is a transforming experience. taking a walk and NOTICING how the leaves are changing more everyday is a very small example. OBSERVING what is going on with people, situations, thinking, attitudes and of course the weather. It's all so fascinating to me and keeps me from judging my own attitude, at least some of the time.

My favorite kind of OBSERVING is out in NATURE. I never tire of watching the same familiar scene, each with a slight twist that is sometimes almost imperceptible. The other day I watched 2 tiny beige -y brown birds the size of a small mouse hopping and pecking in such trust and innocence. It was adorable!

So be an OBSERVER

wherever you go,

watching yourself in this glorious world

OBSERVING!


BLESSINGS





Comments

Popular posts from this blog