BERRIES


GRATITUDE


Here we are approaching the big day of THANKSGIVING, once again. It is a tradition in America that this day was celebrated by the Indians and the settlers of early America in order to demonstrate the ABUNDANCE of the crops they enjoyed during the year. The Indians taught the settlers how to plant and cultivate food so that they could live and thrive in this 'new land'. I love this story and the concept of teaching, learning, producing results that comes with opening to NEW BEGINNINGS.

It is a marvel to me that people were so brave to start new lives in a very foreign and new country with all it's differences and hardships they experienced. Such COURAGE AND TENACITY they showed and PERSEVERANCE was the name of the game. We can all be GRATEFUL for that because they paved the way and we have come such a marvelously long way since then.

One of the aspects of GRATITUDE I APPRECIATE is that there were people, teachers, way-showers who taught us enormous amounts of practical and technical things to SUPPORT us in developing a LIFE that was PROSPEROUS. There must have been an opening, a welcoming, into a new way of life that benefitted others. Much of what was needed was either available or could be created. Bit by bit, people learned what they needed to know.

I'm fascinated by the evolvement that took place over the years, the centuries of trial and error. I'm not including here the other parts of history because for right now, I want to focus on the things to be GRATEFUL for and APPRECIATE what we have RECEIVED. So many advancements have been made in every area and for the most part we have a CHOICE of what we can do or use or create to benefit our lives even more.

I'm very GRATEFUL for all the basics of life that I can use and make my life more pleasant and convenient. I'm also GRATEFUL for all the 'stuff' out there that I don't have to use or buy. I'm learning more and more how to DISCERN what I actually need and what I don't.

The 'highlight' in my life is my GRATITUDE for NATURE, BEAUTY around me and the COMFORTS and CONVENIENCES I enjoy. I'm GRATEFUL for where I live, a lovely community of people who share many interests and stories of their lives. I feel cared for and respected for who I am and for what I need with generous and loving hands and hearts.

I have developed the way of life, (instead of 'habit') of expressing GRATITUDE throughout the day for no matter what it is. I'm even becoming more AWARE of the events and situations I DON'T relish because it always TEACHES me something! I'm very GRATEFUL for that AWARENESS because it keeps me more BALANCED.


Have a lovely holiday

Filled with joy and GRATITUDE

in your heart!


BLESSINGS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog