BLUEBIRD



LISTENING


I have completely fallen in love with WORDS, once again!

Lately, I have been LISTENING to POETRY written by Mary Oliver, (a precious soul who has passed away in the last few years). Her WORDS have AWAKENED the poet in me and I am having the feeling of falling in love! I love going outside and sitting on my bench,(any bench really) watching and LISTENING to the birds, the ducks splash and frolic in the lake, the silence of the bugs creeping by. . . It is marvelous to have woken up to such splendor!

NATURE is so filled with SOUNDS, even if they are silent. I can hear sounds rambling about that I know have no volume but I hear something anyway. There is something distinctly different about LISTENING  to someone simply reading it! I never knew ??? Perhaps it's the lilt in her voice or the IMAGINATION she brings up that makes it so fascinating to me!

As I was LISTENING today, I fell asleep and the poem was over. suddenly my mind was filled with my own poetry that was beautiful. I was so busy creating that I didn't write anything down till now. It made me realize what a wealth of IMAGINATION and POETRY I have within me, without even trying!

This is not just about ME! iI is about everyone who is interested in being quiet, usually alone and WILLING to LISTEN and take in the SOUNDS of the soul! I'm so excited to know that I have DISCOVERED a path to my passion and my soul. It is sooo simple1 Just be INTERESTED, WILLING, OPEN and CURIOUS as to what appears! Now I understand the passion which guided famous poets to write in their own world! 

I have long heard people say and read, how important it is to socialize, be with others, party, if you will, 'get out there and make merry. As I have gotten older it is not what I want to do1 I think of what goes missing if one follows what others say and not LISTEN to one's heart! 

It is now POSSIBLE for me to socialize in a way that suits me and make friends with those who are at least understanding of me & what I enjoy. It is not my place to suggest what others do but I must say I feel for the WONDER and the PLEASURE of what LISTENING can bring.

A few years ago I learned how to write SMALL STONES, while in a writing course. SMALL STONES are very much like HAIKU, which consists of 3 lines with specific numbers of syllables. i do not like to write with such restrictions so I make up my own3-4 lines of something I'm hearing, seeing, tasting, smelling, touching or (and I add) feeling. Once I started writing them, I fell in love with them too and write 1-3 about 5 times a week. in a special journal. If you read any of my blogs, you might notice I end each blog with a SMALL STONES, usually having to do with the blog itself.

I absolutely love 'waiting and watching' for the INSPIRATION  of what will show up that I can write about. It is a WONDER and a MYSTERY to me where it cones from!


Open your arms and your heart

and see what lies within

That wants to be expressed

just by LISTENING!


BLESSINGS




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog