AZALEA


COMMITMENT


The past week I have been watching the OLYMPICS in a mesmerized state, marveling at each athlete's prowess for their particular sport. I'm completely captivated by their ABILITIES, as well as realizing (although not fully grasping) their DEDICATION and DETERMINATION to win! Many of these athletes have come back every 4 years for 2,3,4 th OLYMPICS in order to not only win but to compete.

I am not an athlete but I love to watch athletes participate and give their all in which ever sport they choose. I can't even imagine the daily regimen they honor in order to stay in 'shape'. There is a drive in each athlete to succeed, if not win, that is beyond me. I do realize that most of these athletes have been practicing in their sport since they were very young. They thrill to the tune of loving PARTICIPATING in COMPETITION. I NOTICE that competition is 'not my thing', but I love to watch it in sport. 

One thing I notice is that the athletes who do not win are good sports with the ones who do. I can only imagine the disappointment many feel but what I see is they acquiesce to 'what is happening' in a benevolent way. This is the sign of good sportsmanship, a vital quality.

Watching the athletes expressions, their bodies and their FOCUS is truly INSPIRING to me; to love something that much they are willing to be in pain, anxiety, longing, almost anything, in order to win. It is almost like a different species of animal that can achieve such magnificence.

I couldn't help but think of a few times in my life that I put out herculean effort to achieve something. The time in college that I got a "B" in a history course that was life changing. ( I wrote about this a few weeks back). There were those times when I had to sit back and wait for a result that was out of my hands till the time was right. That took herculean effort as well.

I was thinking about when I left my home in California and moved to Florida; when I left my home in Gainesville and moved into the Village. For me they were herculean efforts. We all have performed very meaningful bigger than normal events to help us get what we wanted. It is the only way to succeed since so much depends on our own ATTITUDE and DETERMINATION. 

To watch people like athletes, writers, artists of any kind succeed shows us all that INTENTIONS and GOALS can be achieved when we give it all we've got! As I grow older and less ambitious, I am AWARE of putting effort into specifically what I want to achieve and I am deliberately letting go of the other pursuits. It is not easy but necessary. It does lighten me up!


Let us applaud all
Who FOCUS and STRIVE
For the best that they 
Can be.


BLESSINGS





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog