EGRET


ANNIVERSARIES


ANNIVERSARIES are something we all have, everyone of us. Our birthday is one we celebrate each year as well as other meaningful events in our lives. One very special ANNIVERSARY for me is February 5, 2012, the day I wrote and sent my first blog! Yes! Ten years ago! It feels like a few years to be sure, because writing them is such an important part of my life.

I also have had other events in my life that are ANNIVERSARIES as well. I'm sharing them because each one has significant meaning to me. It is an example of LIFE'S events that can happen to all of us.


January 26, 1959 my favorite aunt and uncle died in an automobile accident.

January 30, 1958, I gave birth and lost a baby boy.

February 2, 1958 I was married.

February 5, 2012 I wrote my first blog.


Each ANNIVERSARY can creep up upon us each year and causes some kind of emotion or vibration within us that needs to be honored. As I grow older I am experiencing more COMPASSION for others that have experienced painful and happy events. I'm grateful for that because it means I'm WAKING UP to what others feel.

There are so many ANNIVERSARIES that have transpired down through history, some of which are inspiring and others that are tragic. I feel it is important to remember that on each ANNIVERSARY, there are people, nations, environments,illnesses involved. It shows me that the HUMAN SPIRIT has risen out of the ashes and supported us all to get through them and keep going. 

A very special person in my eyes was Thich Nhat Hanh. He was a Buddhist teacher who was a writer, teacher for over 80 years. He was a remarkable peacemaker, given the Nobel Peace Prize after meeting with Martin Luther King. He passed away at the age of 95 on January 22, 2022. I am saddened by his passing and also feel honored I even knew about him and read some of his writings.

Let's be AWARE of the meaningful ANNIVERSARIES in our life. They are events that happened that make us who we are today. They are part of our history and the world's history. They have enriched our lives whether they are unhappy events or happy events. 


ANNIVERSARIES are a time

of CELEBRATION

to honor our LIFE.


BLESSINGS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog