FRUIT TREE        

SPRINGTIME


Even though it isn't officially SPRINGTIME, I wanted to share a photo of my son's fruit tree in California. I don't even know what kind it is but it doesn't matter, it is so gorgeous!   I love SPRINGTIME for a variety of reasons; first, the weather is warming up, buds are opening everywhere, especially tree buds that show that incredibly gorgeous 'spring green' color are popping forth. Flowering plants are showing off their new spring frocks.

When I was an (avid) gardener, I would revel in getting my hands in the dirt. I loved pulling weeds and preparing the soil for new little seedings to sprout. A trip to the nursery was so exciting and inspiring, I would linger over the plants usually having a hard time choosing what I wanted to bring home to nurture and care for. I was like a kid with a new toy!

Then nursing them along, watching them grow and become 'grown up' plants was second best to raising my children! The MYSTERY of plants (&seeds) sprouting and growing, actually doing what they were designed to do! Even when some of the plants didn't do well or died, I could accept that as part of LIFE and go on caring for the others. 

It was a great Life's LESSON for me and I realize it more and more . . .what a gift it was to be able to grow my own vegetables and flowers and plants. I often felt it was an honor for me to grow these plants in my garden with my own two hands and some help from the elements.

SPRINGTIME is a time for WAKING UP and hearing the birds sing, NOTICING the butterflies out of a cocoon, the trees growing, the flowers blooming, the vegetables and plants growing right on schedule. NATURE is the biggest GIFT I enjoy! It fills my mind and soul with so much RICHNESS, BEAUTY and WONDER every day and all the time! PLEASURE and APPRECIATION are two special words that come to mind. Actually I feel that even in the dead of winter with bare trees and branches. I love the CONTRAST of fullness and bareness, Also because it is foretelling the coming of SPRINGTIME and NEW BEGINNINGS.

The COLORS and TEXTURES of SPRINGTIME are different than other seasons, echoing the blossoming of NATURE everywhere. I did so love gardening outdoors but since I am unable to do that now, I love my houseplants as well. I love the shades of greens and when I have a blooming plant, so much the better. I love caring for live extensions of NATURE, which RESPOND to me as I do to them!

SPRINGTIME truly is a time to WAKE UP and come alive within ourselves in a new way. We can be physically declining, changing in many ways but we can break through a new layer of CURIOSITY and WONDER about the world in own living room. 

There is so much to wonder about, to research, check out, investigate in our world and bring to life a new interest, fluff up an old interest and proceed to the next level of MAGNIFICENCE in our world. It's all there WAITING for us!



Love & Appreciate 

the Beauty around you,

Be GRATEFUL 

for it 'showing up!'


BLESSINGS
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog