BLUE BIRD


LAUGHTER

Just looking at this picture of a blue bird makes me feel HAPPY! After all, it is called the BLUE BIRD of HAPPINESS! Such gorgeous colors and the pose is precious!

After all, a smile on my face can often lead to LAUGHTER!

The other day, 2 friends and I were talking and all of a sudden we all burst into GIGGLES. After we all caught our breath, we said how much we love to laugh! It is my most favorite thing to do! I love the image I get when I LAUGH, the feeling in my throat and my stomach, even though it may ache a bit from the intense giggles! What can be more fun, or more uplifting?

I NOTICE when I do not feel particularly 'happy' that if I can burst into a GIGGLE, I feel a sense of saneness and relief about me and a new PERSPECTIVE. It doesn't take much before I am setting sail in a whole new track. It feels so FREEING, grounding and delightful to LAUGH!

When I was growing up, I laughed a lot! My mother was a great 'laugher' and we would go into peals of LAUGHTER over almost anything!  I remember splendid times of giggling over the tiniest thing and go on and on laughing. One time, my mom and I went for a walk at night, I was young 8 or 9. We were talking away and suddenly I was on the sidewalk, laughing  and suddenly my mom fell in top of me! Well! you guessed it, we began giggling like 2 giggle boxes and staggered all the way home, laughing away! We went into the house and tried to share with my dad what had happened, but we were laughing so hard we just gave up. 

There were many other incidences that occurred with me. I LAUGHED a lot with my friends as well and many times, it wasn't appropriate like when a friend & I were in church and the priest caught his heel on his robe and lurched and almost fell down! Oh my, we almost had to leave the church!

So many LAUGHING 'fits' cannot be repeated with the same impact, 'you had to be there' is the obvious remark, but I have been laughing writing this and it is such fun!

One of the best things I can do for myself is to LAUGH at myself when I do something 'silly'. It is such a good feeling to not take myself so seriously!

I sincerely hope that by reading this blog about LAUGHING, it may trigger some fond and perhaps hysterical memories and you can once again have a good giggle. If not, watch something  or read something funny so you can enjoy a good LAUGH! It is worth so much to use those face and throat muscles and enjoy yourself!


BLESSINGS



Comments

Popular posts from this blog