ROSE (PEACE)

ATTENTION!


I have just had a very powerful and an enlightening experience!  A 'WAKING UP', if you will, to the ever present situation in the Ukraine and Russia. I am suddenly paying ATTENTION to what is going on in the those countries as well as others. I have never been a news watcher and I'm still not but I was on a zoom call today with a woman from the Ukraine and a young man working there who shared what is happening in a very personal way that touched my heart to the point of breaking.

I have been noticing a strange kind of anxiety the last couple of weeks that I couldn't pin point or explain, leaving me very lethargic, uninspired and apathetic. This is not me. Today, listening to these people as well as others who asked questions and shared, I experienced an OPENING to them all plus the people who are directly and indirectly affected by this horrific, unspeakable war. I felt a CONNECTION like I've not had before, or wouldn't let in.

For some reason, this war has broken my heart open, mainly because I have met the woman who spoke and who also works with my son Jeffrey and wife Heart who created and work diligently with others in the River Phoenix Center for Peacebuilding, in Gainesville as well as other other parts of the world. I'm very aware of the mission that they embrace and the amazing difference they are making in many lives.

Their devotion and dedication is so inspiring and even though I feel ineffective as far as contributing something significant, I realized today that I can and will continue to contribute my blogs so that I may continue to express myself and encourage others to BE AWARE and pay ATTENTION to what is going on, in the world but also within themselves.

One beautiful comment that was made is to take a minute (at least) to be silent and focus on the people who are suffering and who have died during this cruelty happening. I also do a special 'prayer', if you will, for all the people I know and all the people I don't know. These are a couple of actions I can take throughout my day. I also realize that I think about the perpetrators who have caused this war and how many people don't want this cruelty but feel captive and severely threatened by these perpetrators. 

One of the most uncomfortable and disturbing feelings I can have is a feeling of helplessness. I'm also aware of how important it is for me to think kind thoughts and act kindly to the people I know each day. I'm keenly aware of the thoughts and wishes I have had for myself that are completely self centered and self preserving. I am WAKING UP to what I can contribute without going into so much fear. 

Each one of us have our particular area of anxiety, fear, angsts to deal with. We're not in 'this' alone and we can open our hearts to any and everyone needing compassion as well as physical, palpable assistance. It is overwhelming to contemplate but worth while in pay ATTENTION to the connection we all have to each other and the earth.


BLESSINGS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog