COLEUS 


BRIMMING


 BRIMMING . . . This odd little word just came to me and so I thought I would explore it. Usually, BRIM means the edge of a glass or the edge of a hat, BRIM. I was thinking of it in terms of POSSIBILITIES about to occur, for instance 'I was BRIMMING' with ideas or OVERFLOWING with goodness. It feels like the word BRIMMING is effervescence, enthusiasm, excitement! It definitely exudes UPLIFTMENT to me, kind of like fireworks or bubbling beverages! 

What are some thoughts or experiences that make you feel BRIMMING? As LIFE moves onward, we need to have something that makes us feel BRIMMING. For me, recently it is the interest and enthusiasm for learning about how to take care of myself. I have been NOTICING that as I'm getting older, it could be so easy to fall into the mind set or rut of slowing down too much, particularly in my mind and becoming bored or down. Sometimes that does happen but far more seldom than it used to. 

I keep myself,(actually I can't help myself) open and seeking knowledge and information about the subjects that mean a lot to me and that I enjoy. This is easy for me since I have a few interests. I usually have to put on the brakes so I don't take on too much. What is most exciting to me right now is my interest in my health and well being. This means I'm taking care of myself! 

I decided that I am COMMITTED to being as active and ALIVE as possible each day, with rests and quiet time in between. It could be too easy to just lay back and let Life overwhelm me. I intend to be as alert and CONSCIOUS as possible so I can look back with no regrets. 

It's easy for me in some ways because I'm basically interested in NATURE, BEAUTY and WRITING, as well as my own WELL-BEING. Right now I'm fascinated with the whole area of foods and how they benefit us or not. I do my best by always looking for the highest in everyone and every situation. I've learned not to pursue something that does not really interest me 'just because.' . .all this comes from being selective and honest. It's most FREEING!

Recently I remembered how much I loved the A.A. Milne books about Winnie the Pooh. I ordered one on my kindle then decided I wanted the paperback book so I could really look at the illustrations which are delightful. I am enjoying reading this book enormously, one, because it is so well written and two, because I am laughing out loud every other word!It is such a delight!

Look and see what you are BRIMMING about. Look to see what is something that interests, fascinates or calls to you to explore. It can be anything, as long as it is YOURS!


BRIMMING to the top

about to overflow

with delight!


BLESSINGS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog